Immigration Case Manager/Legal Assistant
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are seeking a full-time experienced Case Manager to join our professional and collegial law office located just off the 101 Freeway in Woodland Hill, CA. Candidate must be a responsible, hardworking individual who is passionate about immigration and dedicated to the international clients we serve.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or related area that emphasizes analytical and critical thinking.
- Must have 2-3 years of business immigration law experience assisting attorneys with various non-immigrant and immigrant categories (such as H-1B, TN, L-1, E-2, PERM).
- Must be detail-oriented, with superior writing, research, analytical and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high volume environment with competing demands.
- Must have a proactive, solutions-oriented approach to problem-solving
- Must demonstrate eagerness, curiosity and an engaged approach to work.
Duties will include the preparation and filing of business-based immigration documentation and communications with government agencies as well as extensive research and writing on behalf of firm clients. Candidate will:
- Prepare immigration applications and petitions for submission to various government agencies within expected timelines, including drafting forms and support letters, gathering supporting documentation and compiling exhibits.
- Be responsible for case management of client files and communicating effectively with international clientele, predominantly working for entertainment, academic and technology employers.
- Demonstrate mastery of case types with varying levels of complexity within particular practice area, developing knowledge of procedures and documentation required.
- Monitor the status of all filed applications and petitions, providing status updates to clients and attorneys.
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with increasing ability to function independently and to exercise discretion and judgment.
Sostrin Immigration Lawyers, LLP is headed by recognized immigration law experts representing healthcare professionals, scientists, researchers, international managers, investors, artists/entertainers and other professionals. We also represent individuals in family-based immigration matters and United States citizenship.