- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Lupo by Wolfgang Puck inside Mandalay Bay is currently seeking a qualified candidate for Line Cook position. We are searching for skilled, energetic, highly-motivated people who will thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
At Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining we invent the future of food. We transform the expected into something entirely new. We search for individuals who are passionate about food and the art of hospitality. Our company objective is to provide an exceptional dining experience that treats the palate and creates a memorable experience for our guests.
Members of the Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining team live to bring originality to the art of cuisine, authenticity to the art of entertaining and love to share their passion with others.
Our Worldwide Restaurants provide opportunity and growth for those individuals who are looking to Live, Love and Eat!
Join the Wolfgang Puck family!
Job Summary:The Line Cook will be responsible for preparing, cooking and garnishing various foods efficiently within the established “Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group” standards in every aspect.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain food storage and handling procedures
- Maintain food quality and nutritional standards
- Perform technical culinary food production, portion control, and service standards
- Follow production schedule
- Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables, and fruits, to include:
- Washing, peeling, cutting and seeding vegetables and fruits
- Weighing and measuring ingredients
- Methods of combination: stirring, mixing, whipping, breading, etc.
- Cooking: steaming, sautéing, frying, baking, roasting, braising, boiling, poaching, broiling
- Maintain cooking temperature, product cooling and labeling
- Lifting and moving equipment to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station, equipment at all times
- Distribute supplies utensils, and portable equipment
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes
- Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and procedures
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years line cook experience preferably as a Saute Cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of food preparation - appetizers, sauces and vegetables
- Must be able to perform in a fast paced, high volume kitchen environment
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Conversational English vocabulary
- Ability to read and comprehend recipes, simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
- Primary food quality work ethic
- Proficient knife skills
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.