The Wedgewood Banquet Cook executes the food preparation and culinary component of our wedding receptions and special events. Our Banquet Cooks interact with servers and kitchen staff to prepare and present menu items as directed. They assist the chef in food preparation, tracking inventory, and maintaining the facility. This position requires well-honed attention to detail, a drive for success, and pride in taking care of our guests and exceeding their expectations. Flexible, reliable and self-driven individuals are the highest priority and will go to the front of the line.
Remember, we work when our clients and guests play, so weekend, evening and holiday availability is mandatory.
Wedgewood Banquet Cooks have:
• Solid banquet cooking experience
• A passion for food and hospitality
• Reliable transportation
• The ability to practice safe food handling skills
• A positive attitude and are a pro-active addition to our staff
Responsibilities include (but not be limited to):
· Following all guidelines set forth by Chef
· Maintaining kitchen and work areas to established health department standards
· Preparing all menu items to specifications
· Ensuring quality of product
· Overseeing utility staff during shift
· Keeping the kitchen clean to set standards, including but not limited to washing dishes, cleaning floors and countertops.
· Emptying all solid waste containers and keeping solid waste storage areas sanitized and free of debris
· Assist in maintaining storage areas, walk ins, coolers, and freezers
· Maintaining our facility grounds when needed
At Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet Centers, we are committed to being a great place to work! From growth opportunities to our dynamic "Wedge" culture, we work hard to provide a foundation for building successful careers. To be one of us, you need to have these building blocks:
Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people in the industry who share our philosophy.
Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, brilliant guest service and individual accountability. Would you like to join us? We hope so!
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.