- $70K - $80K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Accounting Manager administers general accounting operations and promotes consistency and efficiency within the Staff Accountant department. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and directly supervises all Staff Accountants.
· Acts as the first resource for Staff Accountants to bring questions to
· Assists Director of Accounting with training for each Staff Accountant to ensure that each can:
· Review P&L to identify and then make necessary accruals and investigate other abnormalities on a period end basis
· Record inventory
· Review, code and import banking transactions
· Record paid outs or petty cash and daily deposits
· Prepares, audits and files various tax forms, including 8027s, business tax license renewals, 571-Ls, prepaid sales tax and quarterly filings
· Develops content for Staff Accountant department meetings when requested. Presents that content to the department during those meetings.
· Works with Staff Accountants in need of assistance or training each period to aid them in coordinating the compilation of data and information for period, quarter and year-end closings. Assists them in the production of P&L statements each period for their specific clients to ensure they are produced accurately and timely. Aids them in identifying, investigating and resolving variances.
· Reviews Sales and Use Tax filings before Staff Accountants submit the forms and payments online
· Reviews monthly P&L’s at the discretion of the Owner/Director of Accounting
· All Staff Accountant duties.
· Works on special projects as assigned by Director of Accounting/Owner.
· Ability to lead and direct the work of other associates
· Advanced ability to manage projects and assignments with extreme accuracy and efficiency; detail oriented
· Excellent communication, organization, analytical, problem-solving, and management skills
· Strong knowledge of technical accounting principles/practices
· Strong technical aptitude in automated accounting systems as well as databases and reporting tools
· Proficient with spreadsheet, database and word processing applications
· Strong working knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP)
· A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field is required.
· A minimum of three years progressive accounting experience in a full cycle, multi-client or similar environment required.
- Accounting background in restaurant or hospitality industry required.
- A minimum of two years managing direct reports required.
Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. provides full service accounting, financial advisory and consulting services to restaurants in Southern California. We know that all good chefs are adamant about mise en place in the kitchen and our goal at MEPRS is to help restaurants build more profitable businesses by maintaining order with their accounting systems, back office procedures and overall reporting. Using some of the newest accounting software available Mise En Place provides analytical and procedural tools available in the cloud to allow owners and operators the ability to manage and approve back office procedures remotely. MEPRS doesn’t only focus on streamlined reporting but streamlined processes for the restaurant as well. We offer different levels of service and reporting to meet the needs of the fledgling start-up restaurateur and also the needs of the most sophisticated operators in the industry.
Our services range from affordable, basic accounting and reporting services to premium services which include basic reporting but also provide budgets, benchmarking statistics and monthly advisory meetings. We also provide consulting services to restaurants with those services ranging from preparation of financial projections for business plans to operational reviews and menu pricing to business valuations.
Founded in early 2012 by Elissa Phillips, former Vice President at Vine Solutions, Mise En Place Restaurant Services, Inc. is dedicated to providing restaurants with relevant and useful information so that owners and management can effectively run the day to day operations.