- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Black Bear Diner is hiring an experienced Restaurant Manager for our team.
As the Manager at Black Bear Diner, your previous kitchen and restaurant experience will be invaluable.
You’ll be responsible for overseeing and coordinating the planning, organizing, training and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in sales, costs and profitability.
As Manager at Black Bear, you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive Compensation based on experience
- Company-subsidized health/dental/vision
- Paid vacation – 1 week during first year, 2 weeks per year starting second year
- Sick Pay – up to 5 days per year
- Bonus eligible
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team
- Free or discounted meals
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that guest service complies with Black Bear Diner standards.
- Ensure that food is prepped, cooked and plated according to company standards.
- Purchase all food from authorized sources, using company required procedures.
- Ensure that food safety practices comply with Black Bear Diner standards as well as local Health Department regulations.
- Achieve financial objectives regarding sales, food cost, labor cost, and other controllable costs.
- Protect cash and all other company assets by adhering to company control procedures.
- Complete all administrative work in low volume hours.
- Work on floor monitoring guest satisfaction, guiding staff, and filling in as needed, during peak hours.
- Establish and follow up on cleaning procedures to maintain company housekeeping standards.
- Lead staff and supervisors in ways that promote efficiency and high morale, while complying with all appropriate employment regulations.
- Ensure the diner is in compliance with all other regulatory agencies related to worker safety, alcoholic beverage sales, etc.
- Develop, plan, and implement Local Store Marketing initiatives.
- 3-4 years of management experience at a fast casual restaurant
Our Bear-ific Culture
The spirit and integrity of our brand starts with our staff. That’s why we only hire the beary best.
Our employees are:
- Self-motivated, with a competitive spirit that inspires others.
- Customer-focused and consistently driven to provide quality service.
- Energetic multi-taskers, who thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional in personal appearance and attitude.
- Friendly team players, ready to lend a hand whenever and wherever it’s needed.
- Skilled, with previous experience in the hospitality industry.
- Perfectly happy with all the bear puns they’re subjected to.
If this type of engaging culture excites you, we encourage you to apply today!