Feed Mill Manager - 3rd Shift
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Feed Mill Manager is responsible for directing the operations of the feed mill, including manufacturing, delivery, quality, productions costs and employee relations. The Feed Mill Manager is also responsible for promoting and maintaining a safe, clean work environment for their employees, and ensuring the mill is compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Typical hours of operation are Monday through Friday from:
- 6pm - 6am
Note: Employee may be required to work Saturdays, Sundays and holidays depending on weekly production and demand.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the operations and enforce the established best manufacturing practices. Ensure that all manufacturing practice policies set by GMC are completed and properly documented. Ensure FDA requirements are followed and appropriately documented.
- Ensure all mill operations are performed in accordance with the food safety guidelines established in the Food Safety Plan and required by the FDA.
- Ensure feed production is accurate and efficient.
- Ensure ingredient and finished feed quality control procedures and policies are followed.
- Report and assist with all injuries and investigations.
- Monitor and minimize shrink in ingredients and finished feeds.
- Implement and enforce good housekeeping practices.
- Ensure a clean environment is maintained throughout the mill.
- Enforce, and accept responsibility for, all safety procedures and processes necessary to maintain a safe working environment.
- Supervise special projects assigned by the Feed Division Manager.
- Ensure safety and well-being of company employees through safety meetings, training, and documentation and continually strive for zero accidents.
- Assist with employee scheduling and company projects.
- As necessary, handle samples and sample testing responsibilities performed in the mill.
- Ensure all equipment is working properly, and there are minimal safety hazards and no safety violations.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Manager to schedule repairs and other maintenance.
- Aid/oversee FDA and other agency inspections.
- Monitor employee attendance.
- Instruct, develop and discipline employees.
- Oversee the investigation of injury reports.
- All other duties assigned by supervisor/management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Training and Experience Requirements
- Associate’s degree or six months of feed mill operations’ experience, and 1-3 years of management experience or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Proficient with a computer based feed delivery system.
- Able to deal professionally with growers, vendors, associates and the public at all times.
- Possess excellent communication, organization and time-management skills.
- Adaptable to flexible work schedules