- $22.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Accounting Assistant Job Description
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Managing receivables and reconciling credit card transactions. Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts. Accounts reconciliation duties include analyzing and reconciling account information, as well as overseeing and verifying that all charges in credit cards are reconciled on a regular basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare invoices and sends bill reminders and statements to clients.
- Create and maintain multiple spreadsheets and reports on a weekly/monthly basis in partnership with Postmates and The Line Hotel.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Ensure that check payments are deposited on time and credited to proper bank account.
- Enter financial transactions in Quickbooks and generate reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data.
- Match receipts to all credit card statements or request daily confirmation of charges made on credit cards.
- Enter daily credit card transactions and reconcile account balance in Quickbooks.
- Enter due to/from transactions in Quickbooks.
- Dispute charges if transaction is not authorized or confirmed by the account holder.
- Assist with other accounting-related duties and/or projects as needed.
- Hands-on experience with Quickbooks and Excel
- 5+ years experience as an Accounting Receivable Clerk and Account ReconcilerExtensive knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures
- Extensive knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Well versed in Google Sheets and Applications
- Strong abilities to handle sensitive, confidential information