- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
We are looking for a strong leader to join our restaurant team who is passionate about building teams, developing others, and focused on providing exceptional customer service! If you have previous restaurant management experience, a track record of success, this may be the job for you! The Restaurant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the restaurant, including the selection, performance and development management of employees. The Restaurant General Manager also delivers on revenues, profits, and operational excellence results. The General Manager reports to the District Manager and Director of Operations.
We offer competitive pay, benefits, and performance bonuses based on your restaurant’s results.
Join our team and get started with your new career!
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Restaurant Manager/Assistant Manager or Retail Manager or one year of experience as a General Manager (preferred restaurant management in high volume QSR &/or fast casual concepts)
- Flexibility to work 45 – 50 hours per week, rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays and at other locations as needed. Hours may vary if manager must fill in for his/her employees or if emergencies arise.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, twisting, lifting products and supplies (up to 25#s), and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Basic knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
- Valid DL in good standing & access to private transportation required
- Consent to background screening, including criminal and drug screening
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage your own team in a fast-paced, dynamic restaurant environment
- Working knowledge of cost of goods sales
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, results oriented and customer focused!
- Ability to perform all functions at the restaurant level, including delivery when needed.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
Financials & Planning:
- Establishes restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand, identifying and evaluating competitors, completing all necessary
- Meets restaurant financial objectives set forth by the company.
- Oversees and manages all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, i.e. controlling inventory labor, waste, supplies, and additional restaurant items that would impact the restaurant Profit & Loss statement.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies.
- Hiring & Staffing the restaurant sufficiently to meet sales demands. Accomplishes restaurant objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, and disciplining management and crew member staff; communicating job expectations; and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Attracts patrons by implementing marketing and advertising set forth by BKC and our company; identifying and tracking changing demands.
- Controls purchases and inventory, reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; and taking corrective actions.
Food Safety & Guest Service:
- Enforces sanitary practices for general cleanliness and food handling. Ensure compliance with company policies, federal/state/local laws, and BKC standards.
- Responsible for ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service.
- Must be ServSafe certified and uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
- Supervises portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
- Ensures positive guest service in all areas.
- Maintains professional restaurant image, including cleanliness, proper uniforms and appearance standards.
- Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food/service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with customers.
- Ensures that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets.
- Ensures a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents.
- Manages shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, food quality and cleanliness.
- Investigates and resolves complaints concerning service and food quality.
- Maintains operations by preparing or following standard policies and procedures; determining and implementing system improvements.
- Gives direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
- Interviews employees. Support General Manager with hiring, supervision, development, and termination of employees, when necessary.
- Conducts orientations and oversee training of employees.
- Develops employees by providing feedback, establishing performance expectations, and by conducting performance reviews.
- Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
- Pleasant, polite and a clean and neat appearance.
- Ability to motivate employees to work as a team.
- Must possess good communication skills or dealing with a diverse staff.
- Ability to determine applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
- Focuses on accomplishing company goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer