- $286K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!
TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37 000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
The Project Engineer will lead a team of for Houston based engineering activities in support of projects performed with TechnipFMC's Subsea Projects Group (SPG) installation vessels. The Project Engineer is responsible for directing task of the engineering team for supporting detailed technical aspects for projects that will be executed predominately in the Gulf of Mexico. Typical work scopes will include but not be limited to installations, light construction, diving and inspection, maintenance and repair (IMR) work scopes. Engineering planning will be conducted from Houston based office with offshore support of the project offshore onboard installation vessel as required. The Project Engineer responsibilities will include technical evaluations, writing/reviewing detailed technical reports and procedures, conceptual engineering, and oversight of work performed by Installation Engineers. The Project Engineer will report to the Engineering Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring that engineering completed by the team of Installation Engineers is completed in accordance with Oceaneering policy and process with a focus on personnel safety and safety for the environment
• Responsible for ensuring that engineering completed by the team of Installation Engineers is completed in accordance with Client requirements
• Responsible for ensuring accuracy of detailed technical engineering completed by the team of Installation Engineers in support of projects executed with offshore installation vessels.
• Projects types will include Inspection Maintenance & Repair (IMR), Installations of subsea assets and Subsea Umbilical Riser Flowline (SURF)
• Perform and direct others in the proper methods of structural and mechanical design and analysis for
• Rigid pipeline and flexible product installation
• Rigid steel structures
• Create or review installation procedures and specifications for compliance with engineering principles, applicable standards, and Client requirements.
• Prepares or reviews design changes, specifications, schematics, and test plans for installation equipment and subsea hardware. This may include locating equipment and assisting with vendor selection.
• Review engineering calculations and analysis.
• Apply where applicable common industry codes such as ASME, AISC, DNV, API and AWS.
• Create or review product designs, conducts and attends Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and System Integration Tests (SIT).
• Create and review Basis of Design, Basis of Analysis, Technical Analysis report documents for equipment designed by SPG and analysis performed by SPG.
• Prepare presentations, articles, and technical papers.
• Interface with Document Control, Design Analyst and Design/Drafters during the course of project work
• Interface inside and outside a meeting setting with project team members and Clients.
• Perform non-engineering activities such as oversight of offshore operations and on-site oversight of SPG projects and subcontractors.
• Develop and maintain project deliverable schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project deliverables.
• Ability to work onshore and offshore, predominately in the Gulf Mexico.
• Ability to interpret Client work scope and translate into Engineering activities to produce design, analysis, calculations and Engineering deliverables.
• Transforms Client concepts and information into images and uses feedback to modify designs.
• Develop strategies to achieve organization strategic goals and adapt strategies to changing conditions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Civil or Ocean Engineering)
• Min seven (7) years engineering experience.
• Knowledge of classical analytical methods, MathCAD; AutoCAD; Solidworks; Orcaflex; structural analysis package such as ANSYS or Risa3D.
• Valid driver's license
• Valid passport
• Must be able to obtain:
• Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
• Petroleum Education Council (PEC) Basic Training
• Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET)
• Experience in installation of subsea hardware and umbilical/flowline
• Experience with conflict resolution and change management
• MS Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as algebra, trigonometry, analytical geometry, calculus, probability, and statistics.
• Ability to apply these concepts to engineering applications including but not limited to: statics, dynamics, solid mechanics, strength of materials, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, structural design, mechanical design, and electrical design.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
• Gives and receives constructive feedback.
• Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
• Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.