Registered Nurse (RN)
- $46.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
RN work days are two or three days a week schedule from 7.30am-5.30pm. Also open to 40 hour full time. *Insurance Benefits only if full-time 30 hours / week.
- Prepare, handle and administer chemotherapy, infusion, injection drugs as ordered by the physicians. (Will train)
- Call patients and advise them on medical issues that come under your skilled knowledge.
- Coordinate patient tests, treatment or procedures that are to be conducted in-house or outside facilities.
- Prepare patient charts that are to be used the following business day. Ensure that all doctors orders from the prior visit are complete.
- Ensure that patients get all the required procedures as itemized in the summary sheet.
- Coordination of tests with patients
- Prep patient for biopsy, ultrasounds or other office procedures
- Handle prescription refills and complete or assist in prior authorizations.
- Update and maintain patient charts
- File charts i.e. laboratory results, radiology, pathology, nuclear medicine, correspondence EKG results, etc.
- Keep up on flowsheets, medication lists
- Patient document (written and verbal communication) to staff or patient kept via EMR
- Learn and be accurate on charting in LIS, EMR
- Consent forms have been properly filled out by the appropriate individual.
- Answer patient queries on behalf of the doctors when applicable.
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned.
- Fill in prescription behalf of the physicians (triplicate coordination).
- Coordinate with the laboratory technician on the filing of laboratory results, handling of patient specimens.
- Run simple blood tests, PT, CBC, spin, label samples
- Faxing, mailing, emailing, copying, scanning documents and the processing of various administrative requests from patients, physicians, and other outside parties.
- Initiate orders for drugs, supplies and other stocks.
You are to maintain the nurse station, the infusion area, the chart room and the exam rooms.
Maintenance includes but is not limited to:
- maintaining overall cleanliness and orderliness,
- systematic filing of patient charts and other documents,
- requesting to stock drug inventory, supplies, and forms
- adhering to safety regulations,
- maintaining adequate security/protection, supplies, equipment and records
- making sure that the equipment (e.g. EKG, ultrasound) are properly calibrated and are in good working condition.
You are to communicate to management significant concerns and issues that may arise (patient care, procedures, maintenance etc.).
You are to continually educate yourself on current laws and technology affecting the practice of oncology nursing. You are to comply with the legal requirement so safety and professional standards.
You will be educated on prostate cancer, charting, business processes and safety standards.
You are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the billing information on the superbills as they relate to medical procedures performed by the doctors or nurses.
Maintain a high standard of work, integrity and personal character in all matters concerning the practice of nursing including your dealings with staff, patients, physicians and management.