Hotel Door Person
- $15.66 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The Standard, DTLA is hiring a Hotel Door person!
Is responsible for welcoming & verifying guest information when arriving to the hotel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets and verifies hotel guest information at the hotel elevator bank.
- Opens door and greets as they enter and leave the hotel.
- Explain and promote hotel facilities, outlets, and hotel services to guest and provide information to guest regarding local attractions and activities.
- Maintains communication with the Guest Relations & Front Office Teams regarding guest safety and security concerns.
- May regularly inspect and clear hotel entrance and surrounding areas of litter and debris.
- Attends to any special requests from guests.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints. Inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied guests.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with other departments.
- Occasionally (if Bellmen not available) assists guests with carrying luggage during check-in and check-out safely and promptly delivers to and picks up luggage from guest rooms.
- Occasionally (if Bellmen not available) runs errands for guests and delivers items to guest rooms.
- Maintains a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Performs any other duties, if capable, as requested by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School diploma or equivalent, plus some guest service experience. Some college preferred. Must speak English. Other languages preferred.
- This job requires ability to perform the following:
Carrying, pushing, or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Long periods of standing
- Moving about the public areas
The Standard, Downtown LA pioneered the revitalization of Downtown Los Angeles, remaining today an unsurpassed social and cultural hub. With features including a spectacular Rooftop bar and pool, 24/7 Restaurant, SPiN! Ping Pong club, over sized guest rooms, meeting and event spaces, the hotel is the ideal spot for both business and play. From the vibrating pod waterbeds on the roof to the giant black foot sculpture placed in some guest bathrooms, every detail of the hotel conveys that The Standard is anything but.