- $49K - $55K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Sous Chef - fundamental LA Catering/Events (full-time, salaried)
Compensation: $49-55K (based on experience)
fundamental LA is looking for a Sous Chef to help our growing catering/events team as we work towards becoming one of Los Angeles' premier catering companies.
We've recently moved into a 3,000 sq ft production kitchen in Westlake area where the team is executing our daily operations. We execute a wide variety of events from drop-off catering to full-service, plated meals. The candidate we're looking for must be able to wear many hats in the catering world. This is a multi-faceted role and we are seeking someone well-rounded and flexible. The right candidate is someone who can assist with food prep, manage all aspects of kitchen production, execute catering off-site including setup, break down, and transport of product. This candidate must be able to perform these tasks with a high level of competency, all while maintaining standard workplace professionalism.
Seeking a candidate with the following qualities:
· 3+ years in large volume, special event catering as an Executive Sous Chef
· Manage and assist in execution of daily prep tasks, ability to organize tasks in an efficient manner and delegate accordingly
· Ability to interface and interact with clients, comfortable and confident in executing off-site events
· Work alongside the Executive Chef to develop menus and new recipes, has a strong culinary direction with a solid understanding of many cuisines.
· Supreme communication skills, verbal and written, quick response time and follow ups to correspondence.
· Maintain organization and cleanliness in the production kitchen and at off site at events.
· Proven methods in creating a positive and fun work environment, skills in training, coaching, and developing cooks
· Adept in managing one’s time, being able to multi-task and complete projects in a timely manner
· Strong knowledge of cost control for labor and food cost
• Play an integral organizational and creative leadership role in a fast-growing catering company
• Oversee and manage all areas of the kitchen (including scheduling and staffing, operational logistics, ordering and cost control)
• Maintain the highest possible standards of quality, cleanliness, precision and execution amongst the kitchen team and throughout the kitchen space, including at off-site events.
• Work in tandem with the Executive Chef to strategize ways to improve the overall catering operation
• Deliver high caliber, delicious food that is in line with the style of the Executive Chef and the Owners
• Assist in the execution of private and other special events