- $12.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
POSITION TITLE: Banquet Captain
REPORTS TO: Food & Beverage Director
POSITION SUMMARY: Primarily responsible for the supervision of the banquet staff and coordinates all food and beverage services within the banquet department. Train the banquet team and also oversees the enforcement of hotel standards on setting up the banquet hall, up keeping, service, break away, event courses, cleaning, staff grooming and hygiene.
Should maintain and develop the highest level of guest relations. Manage all guest requests, complaints and queries and ensure that all aspects are communicated to the respective departments (Sales, Kitchen, F&B Director etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Coordinates with the event host on all aspects of the banquet function.
- Performs planning and organization functions for the banqueting department like maintaining the banquet logbook, maintaining and updating function sheets.
- Checks banquet rooms, service, and kitchen areas for cleanliness, proper set up, and make sure sufficient supplies and equipment are available for the function.
- Oversee all aspects of assigned banquet function activities, ensuring that food counters are properly set and ready for execution at the appointed time.
- Ability to respond quickly and accurately to guest requests.
- Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certification for example liquor licenses etc.
- Display good customer relation skills and take initiative to greet guests in a friendly manner.
- Plan the event course and orchestrates its completion in a timely, quiet and courteous manner.
- Observe guests to fulfill any additional requests, to perceive when next course should begin, or when meal is completed.
- Adhering to all banquet standard process and also hotel standard policies and procedures.
- Supervises and trains staff in the set up and break down of assigned banquet rooms according to contract and managers instructions.
- Supervises and trains staff in the service of food and beverages according to standards.
- Discuss any last minute changes with the banquet team.
- Ensure all guest requirements are set and ready 30 minutes before event start time.
- Coordinates function details with banquet, conference planning, and kitchen staff.
- Maintain constant contact with the chef, to ensure conclusion between food production and food service.
- Monitor banquet personnel in the performance of their duties.
- Assist in conducting pre-shift and pre-function meetings.
- Actively participates in set up of banquet rooms and service of food and beverage to guests.
- Communicates frequently with fellow supervisors and banquet managers as to the progress of the days work.
- Communicates frequently with function hosts in order to ensure that their needs are being met.
- Ensures all guest checks are billed and signed by the host according to planned arrangements.
- Ensures accurate daily sales reconciliation and postings are completed and provided to the Front office.
- Display awareness and compliance with hotels security, safety, emergency and energy procedures.
- Ensure high grooming are met by all banquet staff.
- Monitors the profitability of functions to ensure quality and portion control while minimizing waste and broken or lost supplies.
- Assists the F&B Director to establish maintenance, repair, and cleaning schedules for all banquet equipment and facilities.
- Guide, direct, and motivate banquet staff, provide guidance and direction, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Ability to take and pass all training provided and required by the banquet department to complete daily operational duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Three or more year's experience as Banquet Captain in a high volume, upscale hotel and excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.50 (Not Negotiable)