PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY | CHEF DE CUISINE
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking a Chef de Cuisine for Simonete Restaurant locted in the NEW Palihotel Culver City.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual with a love of cooking
- An individual who is looking to gain experience in a professional kitchen and grow in the culinary arts
- Someone who is detail and quality oriented
The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for running the day-to-day operation of the kitchen, managing the brigade and assisting the Group Executive Chef to ensure the kitchen and kitchen costs are run to the Restaurant and Hotel standards.
- Running of the kitchen on a day-to-day basis
- Development of the kitchen brigade through education, encouragement, and discipline
- Ensure consistency of the product throughout the kitchen
- Supervise service ensuring presentation of food is compliant with restaurant standards
- To carry out the smooth and efficient running of the service as appropriate
- Assist the Group Executive Chef in menu compilation
- Support Group Executive Chef to ensure targets are met with labor and food costs
- Support and manage the ordering, stock control and monthly inventory
- Work with fellow managers to run team in accordance with state and local labor laws
- Adhere and supervision of the kitchen cleaning schedule
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labeling etc.
- Clear and fluid communication with core management team and Group Executive Chef
- In depth knowledge of the full menu, and able to give a detailed description of dish composition
- To work as part of the wider restaurant team, and communicate with FOH staff when necessary
- To escalate maintenance issues to the relevant parties
- Monitoring restaurant standards with menu specification
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety requirements
- Supervision of the adherence to the cleaning schedule and take action appropriately
- Ensure the kitchen works efficiently
- To carry out all tasks in a reasonable time frame to ensure the smooth running of the areas
- Compliance with food labeling and temperature controls
- Development of skills within the team
- Hiring and staff development
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of stock control in their department
- Demonstrate an interest in the industry as a whole and keep up with current trends.
- Shows ability to adapt during busier or quieter services as necessary
Drive for results
- Demonstrate a full understanding of their role and carries it out in line with their job description.
- Works effectively with the team
- Works accurately and efficiently in their role
- Able to prioritize tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources.
- Communicates relevant information regularly, efficiently and concisely to other members of the brigade or managers necessary
- Communicates clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving careful consideration to their needs and opinions,
- Offers help to new team members and offers support/advice
- Works as an integral part of the wider team
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment, rather than emotions by effectively assessing risks.
- Tries to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience as a cook in a hotel.
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification required.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance(specific standards will be provided)
We are an EEOE Employer.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
PALIHOTEL CULVER CITY
A 49-room hotel and restaurant/bar that will speak to both the history and majesty of Los Angeles’ cinematic roots and Culver City’s booming, modern-day tech scene. The historic, art-deco inspired façade will be restored and infused with interiors that feel modern and urban with bohemian, French influences throughout. A full-service restaurant, indoor/outdoor bar and private courtyard setting will welcome guests and locals alike. Palihotel Culver City is located at 3927 Van Buren Place.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its Chief Executive and President.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup's Brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of custom-tailored place-making and unique social experiences increases performance, market share and overall pricing power.
Paligroup currently operates three hotels in Los Angeles including Palihouse West Hollywood, Palihotel Melrose, Palihouse Santa Monica. In addition, four new properties are scheduled to open in 2018 and early 2019. The new properties include Palihotel Westwood Village, Palihotel Culver City, Palihouse Miami Beach and Palihotel San Francisco.
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.