Experienced Cook @ the California Academy of Science
- $16.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The California Academy of Science is hiring knowledgeable & versatile Cooks to join our team of talented kitchen staff.
As a cook in one of the kitchens here at The California Academy of Science, you'll be an essential member of our team. You'll gain experience working with a variety of dishes and tasks within that kitchen. You will help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking individuals who have experience in the food service industry and are committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business. Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes. Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen. Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet cleaning standards. Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed. Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the Executive Chef.
- Working as a team member in a dynamic workplace, and to follow all the safety procedures, and must have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment
- Prepares all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner. •
- Follows recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant. •
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of the products that is served. •
- Responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager. •
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handle, store and rotate all the products properly.