- $11.00 - $12.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Non-exempt, full or part time position. Employees in this position provide guests with service and product as quickly, conveniently, and efficiently as possible in a friendly manner. Each server/cashier is responsible for ensuring proper and efficient service ensuring that each shift contributes to the increased profitability of the restaurant using independent decision-making. Other duties as assigned.
- Provides excellent customer service before, during and after taking orders. Greets guests upon arrival, makes eye contact, and thanks guests when leaving.
- Maintains a clean dining room, patio, parking lot, etc., as assigned, in compliance with Farmer Boys standards.
- Successfully works the drive-thru window and works the phone for phone-in orders as assigned.
- Properly packages, checks, and delivers accurate orders to guests.
- Responsible for accuracy of all orders, (dine-in, to-go and drive-thru), that are delivered to the guest.
- Maintains stock and cleanliness of required work areas as directed by the Manager in Charge.
- Follows the work schedule as posted, unless a change in the schedule is arranged with the Manager in Charge.
Behavioral Skills Needed
- Must possess and display genuine concern, care and empathy for all guests and their overall dining experience.
- Must be detail oriented and disciplined to complete assigned tasks in the pursuit of excellence.
- Must behave and act in accordance with brand standards in all areas of guest service and hospitality.
- Must understand and achieve company vision, mission, and goals.
- Must be an excellent communicator (verbal and presentation skills), effective listener, persuasive, diplomatic, and self- motivated.
- Must be able to work as a team member and be an effective representative of the brand.
- Must possess ability to effectively work independently or in teams, mindful of all timetables.
Cash Handling Procedures
- Accepts and accurately processes payments using the cash register operating system.
- Ensures all sales are processed according to policy.
- Informs the Manager in Charge of all sales, cash or operating discrepancies.
- Follows policy concerning amount of cash kept in the register; counts and verifies cash drawer per store policy.
- Proactively protects critical limits and standards assigned to product critical control points.
- Unwavering protection of the safety of product above all other job priorities.
- Immediately notifies the Manager in Charge of any food safety risks.
- Required to periodically attend and implement assigned food safety training classes and education opportunities.
- Adheres to food safety standards and procedures.
Safety and Security
- Immediately notifies the Manager in Charge of any guest accidents or injuries, and follows established procedures.
- Protects assets at all times, but does not put self at risk.
- Practices safe work habits and reports any unsafe conditions to the Manager.
- Reads, understand and follows instructions and labeling system on all Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Minimum age requirement is 16 .
- 0 - 3 years of server, cashier or combination of experience in a restaurant or customer service establishment.
- Understands the importance of quality guest service.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions.
- Ability to speak, understand, take direction, read and write in the English language.
- Must be able to present State or County mandated Food Handler Card within the time allowed for the specific State or County.
Working Environment / Minimum Physical Requirements
- This is a restaurant operations job.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to the risk of fumes. The use of solvents and industrial degreasers are required regularly to clean equipment, tools and floors; the fumes occur when cleaning.
- Physical requirements include standing (up to 4 hours at time); walking, bending and stooping (while serving and stocking). Requirements also include lifting (up to 40 pounds) while bringing in umbrellas, tables, chairs and/or stocking supplies. Approximately 99% of time is spent in a standing and/or walking mode.