Pastry Prep Cook3
- $16.28 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position: Cook III
Division: Food and Beverage
Position Purpose: Produce menu items in an appropriate time frame while maintaining or exceeding the standards set forth by the Executive Chef for menu production, kitchen cleanliness, sanitation, and advance preparation.
- Read and follow recipes as they pertain to menu production.
- Memorize all production specifications, food presentations, and cooking methods pertinent to menu production.
- Recognize/fabricate all products pertinent to menu production.
- Cook all menu items to guest specifications with regards to temperature, etc.
- Properly label, date, and store all prepared food as well as raw ingredients and food orders.
- Assist others in workload management as time allows.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Takes proper care of all equipment, reporting/documenting any breakage/damage/loss to Management
- Maintain a sanitary environment consistent with the standards of chef and local health department.
- Recognize fluctuations in volume of business, and maintain station accordingly.
- Maintain consciousness of portion sizes consistent with production specifications.
- Recognize and react to product spoilage.
- Maintain a clean and presentable uniform/appearance.
- Communicate any needs, deficiencies, or outages to chef/supervisor.
- Accept verbal direction from chef/supervisor regarding changes, special needs, quantity of production, etc.
- Organize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Complete station set up, including necessary equipment, in a timely manner and assist team members as time allows.
- Prepare portions of Staff Meal for Employee Cafeteria.
- Close kitchen shifts in the manner set forth by chef/supervisor.
- Demonstrates ability to change directions, learn, and progress in work environment at request/direction of Executive Chef and Sous Chefs. Position Requirements
- In the process of acquiring or graduate of culinary program preferred
- Past work experience of at least 1 year consisting of kitchen prep work and/or Garde Manger in a food driven, high standard, fast-pace restaurant
- Must be able to read, write, speak, understand and clearly communicate in English with respect to business related tasks
- Able to react positively to fast pace work environment and high pressure situations.
- Able to communicate effectively with supervisors and team members both in culinary and exterior departments of the hotel (specifically stewarding and service staffs).
- Able to work well inside of a team orientated environment.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor in all situations, especially those pertaining to client satisfaction.
- Have general knowledge of equipment utilized on a daily basis.
- Have a general understanding and recognition of Modern American Cuisine, its ingredient and the preparation and handling of those ingredients.
- Be able to work long hours in a high expectation work environment
- Comfortable degree of dexterity for knife handling, prep work, etc.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously