Catering Sales Manager - Social (Embassy Suites by Hilton)
- $52K - $55K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
Why work for us?
Embassy Suites Arcadia is proud to unveil a whole new look! From our guest suites, atrium, lobby to our exquisite Meeting and Banquet space. Designed with you in mind, our vibrant transformation features contemporary furnishings and more room to relax! Embassy Suites already leads the way of all-suites full service hotels with its three pillars: two-room suites, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and complimentary evening reception! Come work for the leading brand today!
WCG offers many benefits including**:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off Sellback (Yes! You can sell us your unused PTO)
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- 401(k)/Roth IRA with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discounts (Hilton Team Member Travel Program)
- LifeMart Discounts.
Purpose for the Position:
To manage, coordinate and record the catering activity of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of catering and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
1. Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce Food & Beverage Sales.
2. Solicits business in specific market segments as directed by the Director of Sales and Catering.
3. Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
4. Maintains liaison with other hotel – level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the catering office and prospective clients
5. Maintains good rapport with area community and other local civic groups and companies.
6. Develops and maintains files to include: chronological account files as directed, preparation of scheduled bookings, dissemination of event information to all appropriate departments, and record event information for catering system control purposes.
7. Develops, implements, and assists with catering, sales and marketing strategies, including development of relevant action plans.
8. Assist with clerical work of the department; including customer correspondence, function sheets, event schedules, reports and special projects.
9. Performs special projects and assignments as directed.
10. Interface daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs.
Skills and Abilities:
Originate and carry out catering campaigns.
Work well under pressure sensitive to tight or short time requirements
Speak and write clearly and convincingly, and have excellent telephone skills.
Have working knowledge of room set-ups, including audio/visual equipment.
Have working knowledge of menu pricing and custom menu design.
Work well with all kinds of people.
Plan and organize the work of others.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.
*Positions are not guaranteed to remain open for any certain period of time. Status of full/part time or on-call may change without notice **Benefits can stop/change at any time with or without notice.