- $15.37 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are currently seeking passionate and experienced baristas for Café Integral, the coffee shop in our newly opened hotel in downtown Los Angeles called Freehand. Café Integral aims to bring exceptional Nicaraguan coffees to the forefront of American coffee culture while redefining the paradigms that will define its future. Café Integral is a coffee company with an approach that stems from the grower’s perspective from before the harvest begins to the moment the beverage is served. Integral’s rigorous work at origin and its commitment to the cultivation of coffee is at the core and forms the foundation for its work.
Requirements & Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a barista in a notable coffee house
- Experience with coffee equipment including scales, Fetco brewers, and La Marzocco espresso machines
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition and sense of urgency with helping customers
- Ability to properly steep teas and brew coffee
- Ability to create syrups based on recipes
- Experience in calibration of equipment
- Capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with co-workers and customers
- Flexible, with the ability to multi-task in a highly demanding, stressful environment
- Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Strong cash handling skills
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to all company policies and protocols, both behind the bar and at the front of house, including those for cash handling and safety, while maintaining a clean and organized work space so fellow team members can locate resources and products quickly
- Ensure that the company's brand is properly reflected by keeping a well maintained, clean, well-organized and stocked coffee bar.
Uphold the company's standards regarding merchandising, inventory and rotation of store products
Offer relevant, thoughtful ideas and suggestions for improving operations
Ensure adherence to the company's dress code, as well as all health and safety requirements
Prepare and serve coffee and tea beverages that adhere to the company's freshness and quality standards ensuring that they consistently reflect the company's recipe and presentation standards
Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and confidently and accurately communicate product information to customers
- Educate customers and staff on all coffee and teas carried
Assist in the training and development of new staff
Ensure customers are warmly received and welcomed; engage the customers in a sincere and friendly manner, including greeting customers with a smile, thanking them for their patronage, and preparing drinks in an expedient manner
Respond to questions, orders, and concerns with patience, confidence, and professionalism
Engage customers about their drink preferences and tailor suggestions accordingly
- Facilitate easy dialogue with customers regarding other product offerings, including whole bean coffee, tea, and food offerings
The Sydell Group is a New York based owner and developer of lifestyle oriented hotels. Sydell's core expertise is an ability to identify fresh talent within the hotel, food & beverage, and retail communities and align them with best in class development, management and financial discipline in the creation of compelling new business models in lifestyle hotels.
The vision for Sydell's Freehand brand is to combine the social culture of a hostel with innovative design, comfort and a quality food and beverage experience that serves our guests and locals all offered at an affordable price. Sydell Group plans to develop and operate up to ten Freehand properties over the next few years.