- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The Controller is primarily responsible for day-to-day operations of the Finance Department. This employee is responsible for developing, maintaining and updating the Finance Department’s daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual activities with minimal supervision and direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees Finance Department and its staff
- Creates, coordinates, and evaluates the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting and grant/contract compliance
- Ensure compliance with grant/contracts, federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analysis and information reports
- Ensures records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
- Prepares annual County and VA reports
- Prepares annual company budget and budgets for different funding sources
- Annual preparation/calculation of indirect cost rate proposal and submission to Federal agency
- Reviews Accounts payable daily input, prior to posting for allocable cost per grant, location, and sub-accounts
- Reviews accuracy of timesheet to distribution codes
- Oversees financial accounting software system
- Oversees and administers company purchasing cards
- Prepares and maintains monthly allocations
- Works with fiscal monitors and external auditors as needed
- Responsible for maintaining all Finance Department’s records, policies and procedures
- Creates and oversees implementation of new policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent, and at least 5 years’ experience in a senior accounting position
- Experience working at a computer station
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with a ten-key calculator by touch
- Experience with various accounting software packages
- Basic understanding of Fund Accounting and job costing
- Knowledge of OMB Circular, A-122, A-133 and all other applicable circulars
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
So, what comes with this gig?
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays; not to mention paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.