Customer Service Representative - 2nd Shift
- $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Customer Service Representatives are Problem Solvers who provide WOW experiences on every call. You’re supported with industry-leading paid training, Full Benefits that include: Health, Vision, and Dental. With 18 Days PTO and a company-matched 401k, you have current work-life balance and a foundation for the future.
Continue your personal and professional journey with exemplary career pathing. You are taken from a Policy Operations Specialist and grows into SR. Policy Operations Specialist, Team Lead, Supervisor, HR, and More.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for customer service inquiries received from internal and external customers along with maintaining and growing a relationship between policyholders and independent agents.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following is a summary of the essential functions of this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Take ownership of any inquiry, issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder or Independent Agent and determines the appropriate course of action
- Answers inbound calls and fields questions pertaining to an existing insurance policy and determine the appropriate course of action
- The initial point of contact after the sale of the policy includes but is not limited to recognizing exposure and asking the appropriate, probing questions
- Document specific details of call interaction, processing endorsements and Department of Motor Vehicle filings, answering billing questions and taking payments, excellent phone etiquette, dedication to customer service, and strong problem-solving abilities
- Answer policy level requests for Health such as policy and billing questions, cancellation requests, updating customer profiles, processing billing adjustments/drafts, and refunds (Health)
- Answer all calls; de-escalating the call where appropriate and providing solutions that leave the customer satisfied with the resolution
- Access policy details to determine extenuating circumstances including but not limited to: providing coverage information and explanation, answer complex billing questions, process policy changes accurately, and collect pertinent underwriting information to ensure the correct premium is assessed on the policy
- Provide superior service by delivering a WOW experience for both independent agents and customers
- Share feedback when training opportunities are identified
- Promote teamwork through consistency, reliability and group cohesiveness
- Communicate effectively through oral and written communication
- Consider process improvements on a continuous basis and shares opportunities with Leadership
- Adhere to schedules while maintaining an acceptable level of service, customer satisfaction, and quality
- You must be able to work a 40-hour weekly schedule Monday through Friday from 8:00 am-8:00 pm.
- Rotational Saturday, every 3rd Saturday work an 8-hour shift between 9:00 am-7:00 pm
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Must possess the ability to type while speaking to customers
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to successfully complete HIPPA certification annually (Health)
- Must be customer-oriented and able to effectively troubleshoot and resolve customer questions and concerns
- Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
- High level of flexibility in a constantly changing
- Ability to multi-task and manage several systems on a daily basis
- Ability to make decisions quickly by balancing company guidelines and customer needs
- A high degree of dependability, motivation, and flexibility
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree; fields of study may include: communications; business administration; management or a related field
- Previous experience in insurance customer service with personal auto, commercial, motorcycle, recreational vehicle, accident and health, supplemental health, and/or homeowners products
- Active Property & Casualty License