Food and Beverage Manager
- $63.5K - $80K Annual Salary
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
Lake of the Pines is a 2,000-home gated private community located in the foothills of Northern California between the towns of Auburn and Grass Valley. Among its numerous amenities, the community boasts of a 230-acre private lake and a 19-hole golf course as two of its prime amenities. This is a FT, exempt position with an annual salary range of $63,460 - $80,000 and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation and sick leave; 401k and facility use privileges including golf, swimming pool, beaches, parks, tennis and discounted meals. Pre-employment drug screen and background search required following conditional offer of employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all F&B operations to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, delivery of a quality food and beverage experience, maintain a motivated and satisfied workforce, adhere to all applicable policies and regulations, while meeting the goals set forth in the F&B budget.
- Follow established LOP policies and practices pertaining to recruiting, hiring, evaluating, promotions, discipline and terminations.
- Conduct and/or oversee regular consistent training and evaluation programs for all F&B staff, including knowledge of their specific job duties, including maintaining high and consistent standards of customer service, food preparation and presentation, hospitality, knowledge and use of point of sale system, sanitation, cleanliness and appearance of the staff and the facilities
- Demonstrate a highly visible, professional and respectful presence and rapport with the F&B customers, continuously gathering, evaluating and reporting on customer comments and feedback regarding their F&B experience.
- Develop and implement marketing programs to increase sales for F&B and participation in F&B related events.
- Coordinate and oversee all banquets, social functions, golf events, club events, Association events and member sponsored events including producing BEO’s with clarity and direction for staff.
- Hire entertainment (live and DJ), negotiate the contracts and gig hours for events and dining.
- Perform periodic comparisons of the Association’s F&B product, service and pricing in relation to our F&B competition in the general vicinity.
- Develop annual operating and reserve budgets to support the F&B operations, coordinating the staffing, scheduling, ordering, inventory control, pricing and equipment and facility cleaning and maintenance. Monitor results to implement corrective actions, as necessary, to ensure that the budget goals are met.
- Review financial transactions and monitor budget to ensure efficient operation, and to ensure expenditures stay within budget parameters. Analyze department financial statements. Adjust menus and prices accordingly. Maintain inventory control.
- Oversee the F&B product acquisition to assure that we meet the customer’s needs while controlling costs. Closely monitor inventory to minimize loss.
- Administer food and beverage activities, including budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and other financial comparisons. Coordinate inventory, cost control and security systems. Make recommendations as required.
- Ensure adherence to and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to the F&B operations, including, but not limited to, licensing requirements, health and safety codes, liquor consumption, food handling, worker safety and wage and hour laws while staying current on changes in the same.
- Consistently monitor payroll and labor resource allocations to ensure they stay in-line with financial forecasting and goals in relation to revenue. Ensure employee timesheets accurately reflect hours worked and approve accordingly.
- Promote and contract income-producing business for the Association. May coordinate events with Recreation Coordinator, Golf Professional and other staff.
- Investigate and resolve food and beverage quality and service complaints.
- Inspect, report, recommend and arrange for the maintenance of food and beverage facilities and equipment.
- A bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Hospitality or a degree from a Culinary School, plus a minimum of five years of F&B management experience in a comparable facility or an equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ recent experience in Private Club, or Homeowner’s association in the capacity of a F&B Manager or similar position preferred.
- Understand how velocity impacts food and beverage cost- knowing that you run a subsidized program
- Current food manager certification
- Valid California driver’s license in good standing.
We are a customer-service based industry as we serve the members who live within the Lake of the Pines gated community. Our mission is to preserve and enhance the quality of life and sense of community for those who call LOP their home. As such, every person who works for the association has a servant minded attitude and our primary focus to provide the best customer service possible. We have a culture of team work, commarderie and high performance.