- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The cook is responsible for preparing the food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
- Setting up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Sets steam table and ensures proper serving of food for tray line (Preparing ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards.
- Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Apportions food for serving.
- Maintains daily production records.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies or specific diet concerns
This job performed usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level in the work environment. This job has intermittent levels of high stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel depending on the situation; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employee is expected to work alternating schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Collaboration Skills.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Prior experience in a related food service position.
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- High school diploma, related certificate or comparative experience.