Dog Handler / Shift Leader
- $15.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
A boutique dog care facility is looking for an organized, self motivated dog lover to work as a part time team leader overseeing 3 to 5 team members and up to 90 dogs.
Must be able to work over the holiday months.
The ideal candidate loves engaging with dogs, understands and enjoys routines and processes, and takes pride in maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Summary of Position
- Knows all of the dogs names and special requests associated with VIP and monthly members
- Uses POS management system (GINGR) to record notes, track feedings and medications and monitor services
- Training includes up to 5 hours of training videos related to dog health, behavior, handling and care.
- Comfortable around all breeds up to 125lbs
- Determine, monitor, and manage friendly and stress-free dog playgroups by directing dog handlers and rotating dogs
- Conduct temperament tests and help determine eligibility of new dogs
- Learn the company's policies and procedures and ensure best practices
- Make sure dogs are receiving proper love and care
- Ensure safety and health standards are being met including refreshing water and mop buckets frequently throughout the day, kennels are disinfected between stays, proper equipment is being used on walks, proper chemical use, etc.
- Administer medication to dogs when necessary as listed on the medical board and in the dog’s boarding chart
- Coach and train dog handlers
- Assist front desk with check-ins and check-outs including moving dogs to and from the play area
- Must be able to stand and move and direct dogs for 7+ hours a day
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs and perform manual labor including cleaning floors, creates, walking dogs, handling large dogs, etc
- Must be an organized person with excellent time management skills. Someone who enjoys processes and can follow a daily routine and punchlist
- Must have worked with dogs previously in a daycare, veterinarian office or rescue/shelter organization in a paid position
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must love dogs!!!
We are willing to train the right person! Tell us why you love dogs!
Fitdog is a fun, upbeat dog daycare located in Santa Monica, CA. Our company caters to the busy dog owner. Our team members work together to provide a safe, enriching and loving environment for the dogs.