- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Under general supervision of the Assistant to CAO the Receptionist performs a full range of duties including answering inquiries on the telephone and in person, greeting the public, providing information, and performing routine clerical duties. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
A thorough knowledge of the practices and procedures in the use and function of receptionist principles. Strong written and oral communication skills. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, outside vendors, and clients. Must possess the ability to maintain composure under pressure. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. The Receptionist will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Serves as an ambassador of good will to business clients, potential and current residents, and staff.
- Answers and screens incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Greets public and provides information to persons making inquiries.
- Maintains a supply of employment applications and provides them to applicants upon request.
- Coordinates scheduling of all public spaces, exclusive of the Care Center.
- Reserves and rents guest rooms and guest apartments.
- Sorts and distributes S. and interoffice mail.
- Prepares the daily resident activity report.
- Maintains the residential activity calendar.
- Updates the residential telephone directory.
- Updates the interoffice telephone extension and pager number list.
- Maintains an adequate amount of office supplies; orders additional supplies when necessary.
- Receives monies for sales of postage stamps and other small items.
- Maintains a petty cash fund.
- Is responsible to train and assist staff and volunteers in the use of the copier, and be the office liaison with the vendor to resolve any service needs.
- Performs routine computer data entry, typing and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Creates and maintains any forms needed by staff, exclusive of the Care Center, in a secure computer file.
- Assists with administrative projects under the guidance of the Executive Assistant.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.