- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Wayfarer Downtown Los Angeles is looking for an experienced Restaurant Manager to oversee the day-to-day food and beverage operations as we gear up to open Fall 2019! The Restaurant Manager will work closely with team members to provide services that are above and beyond for guest satisfaction and retention.
Situated in downtown Los Angeles on the corner of South Flower and 8th Street, The Wayfarer DTLA is perfectly placed to capture a number of varying markets. With unique food & beverage offerings, including a top-notch rooftop bar, and a full event and activation program for all of the outlets, The Wayfarer is primed for opportunity from both local residents in downtown, as well as travelers to the city center. The Wayfarer has a fun, lifestyle and irreverent feel to it. This design forward hotel will elevate the independent and ever curious traveler experience through a variety of flexible and social public spaces, local art installations, and interactive touches that entice one to dig deeper and truly experience the destination.
Core functions of the position, but are not limited to the following;
• Utilizing interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members.
• Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, maintaining quality products in accordance with Pacifica Hotel Company standards, providing guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
• Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Supervising and managing team members. Understanding team members’ positions well enough to perform duties in their absence.
• Administering payroll edits, reporting and time & attendance policies.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards, monitoring performance and completing performance evaluations.
• Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail or in person.
• Maintaining complete knowledge at all times of: All hotel features/services, hours of operation, daily house count, expected arrival/departures and all department policies and procedures.
• Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Interviewing hourly food and beverage candidates making recommendations to Restaurant General Manager on new hires, pay rates and terminations.
• Responsible for purchasing all food and beverage items for restaurant and lounge with the approval from the Restaurant General Manager following policies and procedures set forth by Pacifica Hotel Company.
• Ensure proper cash handling and tip pay out procedures are being followed.
• Complete all required reports in a timely, accurate manner.
• Provide assistance to other team members and departments to contribute to the best overall performance of the department, restaurant and hotel.
• Perform other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
Health Benefits, Travel Perks & More
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, 401k, Vacation and Sick Leave are offered with this position along with a Team Member Travel Program, encouraging each team member to visit sister properties and enjoy exclusive team member rates for rest and relaxation. We also encourage quarterly team building and giving back to the communities in which we work through regular volunteering, and select charity promotions throughout the year.