- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- At least 2-3 years working as a full-time Chef (preferred candidate has heavy BBQ experience.)
- Experience in quality food production, presentation, service and sanitation
- Advanced understanding of professional cooking, knife handling skills and a voracious appetite for knowledge
- Be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors and guests
- Must respect the process, the meat and cooking in general, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to lead, train and motivate the kitchen staff
- Follows all recipe, safety and sanitation standards
- Regulates production according to restaurant needs
- Builds and maintains wood fires in pit (experience with JR Oyler Smoker is preferred)
- Communicates with line staff to keep production stocked
- Prepares and stocks seasoned meats for production
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment
- Enforces health safety and sanitation standards and procedures for food handling, cleanliness, and restaurant maintenance.
- Consistent compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Directs the hiring, supervision, development, and when necessary, termination of employees.
- High School Diploma (Four Year Degree or Culinary Degree preferred)
FS Food Group values our team members as our most valuable asset and is proud to support them with the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Bonus program
- paid vacation
- full medical, dental, vision, hearing, basic life insurance and prescription drug insurance
- dining discount at all FS Food Group concepts
Craft. Commitment. ‘Cue’
Midwood Smokehouse is where the neighborhood gets their barbecue fix. Here, we burn hickory wood 24 hours a day, seven days a week to bring our customers the barbecue they crave. Our Pitmasters have been to the promised lands (that is, Texas, Kansas City and the Carolinas) to hone the art and craft of real barbecue. We set our standards high and cook our meats low and slow.