PALIHOTEL SEATTLE | CONTROLLER
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
******Hospitality Background Required*******
PALIHOTEL SEATTLE | CONTROLLER
Paligroup is currently seeking an Controller or experienced Assistant Controller for the Palihotel Seattle location. This is an excellent opportunity for a hands on Finance professional to work for an up and coming lifestyle/boutique Hotel company
The Controller of Palihotel Seattle will primarily oversee the day-to-day accounting and payroll operations. This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future.
Job Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
· Responsible for financial activities of the hotel through accurate and timely audits and reporting.
· Oversee A/P, A/R and General Cashier functions, ensuring accurate and proper cash handling controls are in place.
· Reconcile cash received in the income journal to cash received in the bank.
· Partner with operational leaders to ensure proper collection of payment and processing of invoices, management of check books, and address accounting solutions for operational issues.
· Prepare daily/weekly/monthly financial reports and distribute in a timely manner.
· Prepare monthly/quarterly financial packages for management and partners.
· Assist the Director of Finance with creation and management of budget and forecast as well as overall financial leadership.
· Create and update monthly schedules that support the balance sheet and certain line items in the income statement.
· Reconcile the guest ledger and advanced deposit ledgers daily to the income journal.
· Reconcile the city ledger in M3 and PMS to the general ledger on a monthly basis.
· Reconcile sales and occupancy tax daily in the income journal, research and resolve any discrepancies.
· Assist the Director of Finance in reconciling all bank and balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis to ensure all balances are clearly documented and variances researched and rectified in a timely basis.
· Implement processes and procedures to improve the efficiency of the accounting recordation as well as daily and monthly closing process.
· Conduct internal financial audits as directed.
· Ensure all necessary permits and licenses are current.
· Provide management and the operational team with various reports used to manage the hotels – Daily Sales, Labor and other adhoc reports when needed.
· Assist in preparation of project specific loan draw requests and ensure that pertinent documents are in place.
· Verify employee payroll time cards are correct and balanced each pay period for submission and conduct quarterly or semi-annual payroll audits.
· Ensure all Hotel staff submit PAF’s for the current pay period.
· Assist all departments in ensuring staff take and sign for breaks in accordance with Paligroup/State laws.
· Prepare penalty break report.
· Assist the operations team with IT related requests and serve as liaison to third-party IT professionals, as needed.
· Special projects as needed including but not limited to the following:
i. Migrate financial information into M3
ii. Streamline the daily revenue reporting via automation
iii. Assist the Director of Finance with third party audit requests
· Must possess a positive attitude and be service oriented.
· Must be able to multi-task.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and managerial organizational skills.
· Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
· Ability to prioritize and organize.
· Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word); ability to adapt to new technology and systems.
- Perform job junctions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Prioritize, organize, and follow up.
- Be hands-on, with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” attitude.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Follow directions thoroughly.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to carry up to 40lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand and bend continuously throughout the day.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.