Production Label Coordinator
- $17.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position is primarily responsible for generating and tracking the printing of production labels and label artwork. To understand the procedures behind Production Labeling Control and convey an understanding of the Scantibodies Production Labeling System and communicate to others the need for all of its requirements. To understand why Production Labeling Control is important in the creation of quality products and cite examples of how a poorly designed/complied with Production Labeling Control System could adversely affect final product. To understand the Scantibodies Quality System and seek to develop the ability to reference procedures to illuminate the SLI policy in regards to specific regulations and standards. To possess an “expert knowledge” of word processing programs to process and proofread labeling in a timely manner. To possess an “expert knowledge” of Illustrator programs to process and manage label artwork in a timely manner. To possess an expertise in generating labels using standard programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Will be able to ensure that Production Labeling meet all the requirements of the Production Labeling System and perform in an effective and efficient manner. To understand cGMP and ISO Standards and serve as a model for compliance to the regulations and standards in all aspects of the job.
Filing, Auditing, and Spreadsheet Maintenance.
Artwork Graphic Generation and Maintenance.
Assist in Document Control Projects.
- Generates labels using word processing software. This involves the creation and/or modification of forms and templates, and proofreading.
- Analyzes label requests for completeness of requirements and compliance to current standards that are in place.
- Updates spreadsheets to track all labels in process, issued, and returned. Works closely with other department members to insure that labels have been issued or destroyed in a timely manner.
- Maintains label request history files and teams with other department members to insure that they contain the necessary information and are filed logically and in a timely manner.
- Moderate Lifting- up to 50 lbs.
- Provides administrative support to department managers as needed for special projects.
- Works closely with Manufacturing/QC/QA Departments to create labeling to launch new products.
- Inspect incoming label shipments and printed labels.
- Generate and update existing label artwork as needed for internal and external customers from required specifications.
- Create vector files (eps & ai) for new labels.
- Review existing artwork and make sure typography matches current label templates.
- Create vector files needed for label artwork (temperature symbol, biohazard sign, etc.).
- Work with customers to create new logos or vectorize existing logos.
- Create templates for customers to sign off artwork created by SLI Labeling Department.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance.
- May perform other job related duties as assigned.
Primera Printing/Finishing System
General Office Equipment
Associates degree, high school diploma or equivalent work experience required.
Candidates must possess “moderate” knowledge in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and SmartSolve Quality Management software, and be able manage drawings and artwork creation using Adobe Illustrator software.
Valid driver’s license, current proof of insurance and clean driving record.
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
Work safely in the Labeling Generation and Document Control processing areas.
Vision corrected as necessary and appropriate.
Supervision of Others:
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.