Banquet Set Up/Houseperson
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Your opportunity has arrived to work for Asheville's trendsetting Downtown Hotel. The Renaissance Asheville Hotel is looking for people to work in our newly renovated banquet and meeting facilities. If you have an eye for detail and you have a passion for creating memorable moments with a distinct WOW factor then you are the person we are looking for.
Purpose for the Position:
Set up all meetings, meal functions and audiovisual equipment in accordance with hotel and company policies. Facilitate all customer requests in a timely and courteous manner.
- Ensures all water, amenities, audio visual and breaks are in room at least 15 minutes prior to start of meeting.
- Complies with all customer needs for additional charge to the guest. Notifies supervisor to add to guest check.
- Displays good customer relation skills when dealing with customers.
- Sets up and cleans all meeting and meal function rooms in accordance with company and hotel specifications.
- Freshens all meeting rooms during meal breaks by replacing ashtrays, changing cloths if necessary, refilling candy jars, replacing water glasses, refilling water pitchers, and removing garbage from meeting areas and break tables.
- Assists with meal service and breakdown as needed.
- Assists in getting banquet guest checks signed and turned in to the front office for proper posting.
- Ensures the proper handling or all equipment and supplies.
- All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Carry out specific oral and written instructions, frequently following a simple routine.
- Do the same task over and over frequently in the same way.
- Get along with all kinds of people.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Lift and carry things like luggage, trays of dishes, and bags or golf clubs.
- Use fingers and hands skillfully and easily.
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization.
Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time.
EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program.
We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied.
Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.