Breakfast Line Cook
- $11.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Prepare food to the exact specifications of the Executive Chef and to set up stations for menu; assist the Executive Chef with their daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance to Eclipse Restaurant standards
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food for the line
- Food preparation prior to service
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment
- Reports to work on time for all shifts
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Works the cold and hot side of the line during service
- Perform other job duties as needed
- Must be available for weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and holidays
- Must be available for morning (AM) shifts starting as early as 5AM
- 1-2 years of professional culinary experience, preferably cooking breakfast
- Culinary degree is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment under pressure, while maintaining quality standards
- Passionate about food and a willingness to learn
- Ability to assume ownership of job and work station
- Positive "can do" attitudes only
- Banquet experience is a plus
- Must be able to work independently
- Understand that shifts will vary and include working evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have a solid understanding of cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
- Must be able to provide proof of Hepatitis A vaccinations. If you have not received the vaccination, you will be required to before starting work. This is in accordance with St. Louis City Ordinance 64004.
- Must be available to work weekends (Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays).
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, up to 8 hours.
- Fluent in English
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
Required license or certification:
- Culinary degree, not required but a plus
- We offer competitive pay based on experience
- Prefer to promote from within
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We are a family of people who care about one another. From our guests, to our co-workers, to our community we put people’s needs first. We ASPIRE to help others and improve ourselves by being present, having a positive and respectful attitude, being honest and keeping our word, providing exciting service, and most importantly having fun!
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.