- $11.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
- Prepare food to the exact specifications of the Executive Chef and to set up stations for menu; assist the Executive Chef with their daily tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooking and preparing all menu items in accordance to Eclipse Restaurant standards
- Stocking and maintaining sufficient levels of food for the line
- Food preparation prior to service
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work environment
- Reports to work on time for all shifts
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time
- Works the cold and hot side of the line during service
- 1-2 years of professional culinary experience
- Culinary degree is a plus.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment under pressure, while maintaining quality standards
- Passionate about food and a willingness to learn
- Ability to assume ownership of job and work station
- Positive "can do" attitudes only
- Banquet experience is a plus
- Must be able to work independently
- Understand that shifts will vary and include working evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must have a solid understanding of cooking methods, ingredients and equipment
Required license or certification:
- Culinary degree, not required but a plus
- We offer competitive pay based on experience
- Prefer to promote from within
- Annual performance based raises
The Moonrise Hotel in St. Louis, Missouri, blends cool modern design and quirky sophistication to create a truly unique boutique hotel experience. Located in The Loop- one of St. Louis' most vibrant shopping, dining and entertainment districts- the hotel offers guest a wide array of leisure activities.
We truly feel honored when hospitality professionals look at us closely and consider being a part of our extended "family." We have a fun, focused, driven, culture-oriented team and we always encourage candidates to find out about us before submitting their resume. Joining our team requires that you are 100% guest oriented with a proven ability to wow the guest, while maintaining the culture we operate by. In other words, to succeed with us, you have to love the human race while achieving the goals.
TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR US:
- We've got a great product to sell!
- We have fun at work, but get the job done.
- We are independently minded and we hire people that are the same way.
- We take the competition seriously, but not ourselves.
- We are lively, enthusiastic, and fast moving
- We do what we say we are going to do and we are who we say we are.
- We're colorful, quirky, and stylish!
- We have a great benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.
- We do not give you scripts, we like your free spirit, but we're professional.
- 100% of our employees have rated the hotel as a place they are proud to work at, year after year.