- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Alchemie Spa is a organic apothecary spa located in Downtown Santa Monica. Our family of holistic experts is a team of remarkable talent. We support each other by creating a positive environment for all to work in; bringing our best attitude, embracing open constructive feedback, have fun(!), and a bring a positive winning mindset to the work place. Delivering a personalized, above-and-beyond guest experience is our passion. We aim to be the best in our industry.
If you want to be part of a growing, small business, we are looking for an exceptional Esthetican to join the Alchemie family who embodies our lifestyle and is as passionate about organic health, beauty and wellness as we are. This is a commission based position. We are looking to fill one part-time position for one shift (Sunday 10am-3pm) with option to cover multiple shifts. Please become familiar with our company before you apply!
- Embrace and promote the Alchemie philosophy
- Adhere to time length/treatment protocols when giving treatments
- Comprehensive knowledge of skin care and retail products
- Maintain a clean environment for guests and follow all procedures regarding sterilization of equipment
- 100% compliance to development and retail product training
- Maintain the integrity of Alchemie’s brand identity through compliance with all company directives
- Educate guests on products/services and prescribe a home regimen of personal skincare products for guests
- Provide a consistently high level of service delivery to guests
- Demonstrate selling skills to achieve retail sales goals
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following areas: facials, waxing (FULL body and face)
- Hydrafacial knowledge is highly beneficial, knowledge of some body services such as scrubs is a huge plus
- Proven exceptional customer service skills
- Customer focused, team oriented and strong people skills
- Must hold and maintain current license or certificates per local state requirements
- Compliant with cleanliness protocols
- Consistently exhibits high energy level; ability to handle multiple tasks easily
- Eagerness and willingness to learn new skills and attend training for organic product lines.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work weekends, nights and holidays
- Passion and desire for excellence
- Detail oriented, conscientious, thorough and reliable
What sets us apart?
At Alchemie, social and environmental responsibility are two of our core values. We choose recycled, renewable, and sustainable resources in the design of our eco-friendly modern space. We use the highest quality vegan and natural products whenever possible. Organically inspired by nature and the Southern California coastal lifestyle, we alchemized the natural elements-fire, water, earth, wood, and metal to create a sanctuary for beauty rituals and healing. Going green never looked so good.
Using California native succulent plants. Succulents require less water and we only use organic soil.
Cork, Sea Grass, recycled wood, and coconut fiber walls.
Cork is a natural flooring material used for the hallway ramp. It is used as an accent wall feature in each treatment room, and also acts as a feature with sound insulation. It is obtained from the outer bark, and can be harvested sustainably without killing the tree. Cork regenerates in about 10 years.
100% post industrial recycled hardwood composed mainly of scraps from the furniture industry. These scraps are then layered, infused with a VOC-free resin and then cold pressed for an extremely unique and 100% environmentally friendly product.
NON-TOXIC INTERIOR PAINT
Low and voc-free paint contribute to a healthy interior environment.
Strand Woven Bamboo is a highly renewable resource that produces 35% more oxygen than trees. Bamboo reaches maturity in four years and when harvested. it does not require replanting. As a feature, its exotic beauty combines exquisitely with its supreme durability.
A five-step water filtration system filters hard water throughout the spa. Additionally, a reverse osmosis water filtration system provides alkaline water to eliminate single-use plastic bottles. Tank-less water heater makes sure water is heated based on demand, which saves energy and space. Low-flow fixtures reduce water usages in toilet flushing.
LED lights and natural lighting for retail area saves energy consumption. Dimmers on all switches.
Alchemie plants one tree each month to support reforestation efforts with treepeople.org, a local organization that helps to plant trees in local Santa Monica mountains.
Honoring our boutique green spa philosophy, we eliminated traditional environmentally unfriendly amenities and pass the savings to clients. All our guests can enjoy a highly detoxifying infrared sauna at an additional fee.
- Recycled post consumer paper is used for packaging and retail.
- We encourage emailing guest receipts instead of printing paper receipts.
- Reusing gift cards.
- Recycle program for trash.
- High efficiency washer reduces water consumption for laundry.
- We only use Hypoallergenic, non-toxic laundry detergents, soaps, and cleaning supplies.
- We only use skincare products that are made in the USA, organic and cruelty free, and vegan whenever possible. We work exclusively with skincare lines that have an environmental mission as well as source fair trade ingredients from indigenous extracts to heal and nurture the skin, our largest organ.
- Guests use mason jars to drink filtered water.
- Staff are encouraged to bike or carpool to work.