- compensation depends on experience
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This is a contract to hire opportunity which is required to work on site at customer location (may transition to remote at some point) in Commerce, CA. Successful applicants must be willing to work as a 1099 contractor.
Help desk technician provides fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. Answers queries on basic technical issues and offers advice to solve them.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with potentially difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the company’s reputation and business.
- · Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- · Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- · Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- · Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- · Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- · Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- · Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- · Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- · Record events and problems and their resolution in appropriate systems and logs
- · Follow-up and update customer status and information
- · Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team(s)
- · Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- · Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- · Technical competency with working knowledge of office automation products, customer systems, and other systems as needed
- · Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- · Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- · Ability to master new concepts quickly and apply them to troubleshooting scenarios
- · Excellent communication skills; verbal and written
- · Customer-oriented and cool-tempered
- · BS/BA in IT, Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent experience