- $20.00 - $25.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
You know a million synonyms for the word 'slice'. As a cook you are good with knives and every food item known to man. But you are even better with a team beside you, as you know the importance of teamwork. Our cooks know how to bring order to chaos and awesome to the table, with the level exquisiteness that our guests expect.
The kitchen is responsible for the overall operations for the back-of-house BOH and kitchen area of a restaurant. Kitchen managers purchase food and stock, and make sure everyone is trained on proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. In addition, kitchen managers ensure that Panini Cafe standards are upheld: the food looks good and is cooked properly, the proportions are correct, and it is cooked and served quickly. Kitchen managers also make sure that the kitchen is properly cleaned on a regular schedule, food is disposed of properly and the kitchen meets all sanitary standards.
- Must have 2+ years of kitchen management experience in a full service, moderate to high volume restaurant.
- Solid track record of success in previous assignments demonstrating upward career tracking.
- Culinary school background a plus.
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work ten hour-plus shifts with the ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs as needed.
- Finger/hand dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, knives, etc.
- Ability to withstand changes in temperature, occasional smoke, steam and heat and work in a confined area.
- Must possess hearing, visual and sensory abilities to observe and detect emergency situations; also to distinguish product, taste, texture, temperature and presentation and preparation.
- Fully Covered Benefits! (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- FIve Day Work Week!
- Career growth potential – we promote from within!
- Employee Meal Benefits
- and so much more!
Please apply online today. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Panini Kabob Grill is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Panini Kabob Grill (PKG) is a perfect blend of old world style favorites with a healthy and modern European flair. The food at PKG is distinctive and extraordinarily fresh and healthy. We use only the finest quality ingredients, including the best imported olive oil and low fat cheeses, and all our produce and breads are delivered fresh daily.
With a commitment to quality and creativity, we offer an incredible variety of foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Italian Mediterranean influenced kitchen gains inspiration from the best cuisine of Europe and the Middle East has to offer. Our fresh, creative menu items are made from scratch and health oriented.
Start your day with perfectly prepared eggs, omelettes, breakfast sandwiches or French toast accompanied by the espresso drink of your choice. If you are joining us for lunch or dinner you can indulge in on our our grilled Panini sandwiches, (which made us a favorite) or an exceptional kabob, made to order with your choice of grilled chicken, filet, lamb or fish skewered with tomatoes and peppers. Enjoy sparkling water or gourmet iced Tea with your meal or a selection from our select beer and wine selections. In addition we offer outstanding salads and an extensive Mediterranean appetizer menu.
At PKG we are proud of our tradition of serving the very best food in an inviting and relaxed atmosphere that is authentically European. Our commitment to fine food and excellent prices will make you want to stop by and treat yourself everyday!