- $11.50 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The Shift Leader is an entry-level supervisor/manager in our restaurants. The Shift Leader contributes to Shakey’s success through hands-on involvement in the day-to-day restaurant operations. The Shift Leader effectively leads a shift to ensure restaurant operational excellence. Is responsible for assigning work, overseeing guest service, cash handling, food preparations and opening/closing procedures of the restaurant with or without the Assistant Manager or General Manager.
Responsibilities (The following are representative of the duties of the position.):
- Monitors and supervises day-to-day restaurant and shift operations.
- Creates a team environment that delivers outstanding operations performance and guest service every day.
- Leads team members to drive the execution of Shakey’s "Fast, Friendly, Clean" culture and standards.
- Ensures compliance with Shakey’s cash handling, safety/security and Team Member Handbook policies and procedures.
- Ensures safe and sanitary practices regarding all aspects food handling, preparation, serving and storage.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures adherence to all safety standards and procedures.
- Leads a shift by ensuring team members are prepared for the day, delegating duties and assigning specific tasks.
- Cross-trains in all other FOH and BOH positions and provides support to those work stations as needed.
- Valid Food Handler card
- Minimum 1 year shift leader, or equivalent, experience in food service or retail
- Basic math skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective supervisory skills
Perk and Compensation:
- Competitive pay and benefits, including medical insurance
- Advancement opportunities
- Fun environment
- Shift meals
Looking for a great place to work?
At Shakey’s, our mission is to “serve great food with authentic hospitality in a fun gathering place!” Our team members are friendly, energetic and aspire to create a truly enjoyable experience for our guests. In turn, we operate our restaurants with pride, treat others with respect and provide our team members with valuable work experience and career growth opportunities.
Whether you’re looking for a part-time to fill in some spare time, or have your sights set on a full-time restaurant management position, come work for Shakey’s. We invite you to have fun with us!