EVENT PLANNER - Weddings & Special events
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Are you passionate about weddings and events? Are you a natural born planner? If you are, we might be a match!
Wedgewood Weddings is looking to expand our team of Event Planners, servicing weddings ceremonies & receptions, social and corporate events and more!
A Wedgewood Event planner (EP) is responsible for all the details! They support our Valservenience Directors with booking management, follow-up calls & emails, rehearsal arrangements and they actually COORDINATE our ceremonies! We look for people with magnetic, high-energy personalities who have outstanding interpersonal skills and superhuman organizational habits. A successful EP makes sure that every detail and step is addressed and completely accurately, every time! A Wedgewood EP must also have the genuine empathy needed to coordinate our ceremonies and events with kindness, leadership and professionalism. This role combines administrative and coordination duties, so qualified candidates must embrace fairly traditional office/desk work along with “Day Of” madness.
Remember, we work when our clients and guests play, so weekend and evening availability is required. Naturally, qualified EP candidates have a positive attitude and a brilliant smile!
Our EPs have:
- a passion for weddings, events and HOSPITALITY!
- tremendous interpersonal skills (Verbal/Written/Listening/Presentation)
- insanely strong organizational and time management skills
- iron-clad “follow through” skills
- a willingness to do "whatever it takes" to get the job done
- the ability to work a variety of shifts, weekends, evenings and holidays – hello, it’s hospitality!
- finely honed skills be to graceful under pressure
- the ability to relate to a diverse set of team members and clients
- a college degree or current affiliation with an accredited academic institution
- 2 years Catering/Sales/Hospitality experience (preferred but not required)
- strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, exceptional guest service and individual accountability—and a competitive compensation and benefits package! We work HARD but we have fun doing it.
Would you like to join us? Please apply via Workpop.
We look forward to learning about you, your experience and why you think you would be a great fit at Wedgewood!
At Wedgewood, we are committed to being a great place to work! From growth opportunities to our dynamic "Wedge" culture, we work hard to provide a foundation for building successful careers. To be one of us, you need to have these building blocks:
- Fiery passion for success in the wedding/event industry
- Devotion to hospitality
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flawless communication skills
Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best value, service and convenience (or, our trademark Valservenience™) to every client, every time. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people in the industry who share our philosophy. Our company culture fosters diversity, teamwork, brilliant guest service and individual accountability. Would you like to join us? We hope so!