PALIHOUSE MIAMI BEACH | ENGINEER
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
OPENING SUMMER 2019
Paligroup is currently seeking an Engineer for the Palihouse Miami Beach location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual who likes being active all day and not in an office environment
- An independent worker can follow a task list with minimal supervision
- An individual who is detailed oriented and enjoys enhancing the guest in room experience by ensuring the hotel is well maintained
Perform preventative and repair maintenance work to ensure hotel is maintained according to established quality and sustainability standards while treating guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs
- Install or repair sheet rock and other wall coverings
- Paint designated areas and items
- Install and replace basic electrical fixtures, replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures
- Repair furniture
- Install, replace and program televisions
- Perform minor plumbing functions
- Replace and repair heating and cooling pumps as well as preventative maintenance on units
- Trace and repair all types of water lines
- Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment
- Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records
- Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes
- Work as a houseperson in the event of staffing shortages or during peak check in/out periods
- Follow service recovery guidelines
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and comply with MSDS and OSHA standards
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction
- Must be completely flexible with scheduling and be open to varied schedules every week based on hotel occupancies
- Follow uniform guideline
- Perform any other reasonable duties as required by management
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC EXPECTATIONS:
- Must have a thorough knowledge of AC systems & refrigeration
- Must be able to work in varied temperatures, indoor & outdoor environments under stressful weather conditions
- Must be able to work within hazardous environments and promote a safe work program for the maintenance staff. Work often requires being in surroundings within proximity to moving mechanical parts, electric currents, exposure to high heat and/or chemicals, and working on scaffolding and/or high places
- Must be able to work with skilled machinist equipment; such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch in tight restricted spaces
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and shifts – weekends & holidays as needed by the department
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Must use good judgment
- Must be able to work as a team to drive results
- Must be an organized individual and prioritize well
- Must be able to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a good work ethic
- Must display a positive attitude
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent, required
- Some college or higher education preferred, but not required
- 5+ years’ experience working in general repair and maintenance
- Professional skilled trade licensing in plumbing & electrical preferred, but not required
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.