Catering Sales Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
CATERING SALES MANAGER :
We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our team! The purpose of this position is to coordinate the record (or "book") the catering activity of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, implementation of catering and marketing strategies so as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Essential Responsibilities: •
1. Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce Food & Beverage Sales.
2. Solicits business in specific market segments as directed by the Director of Sales and Catering.
3. Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
4. Maintains good rapport with area community and other local civic groups and companies.
5. Develops and maintains files to include: chronological account files as directed, preparation of scheduled bookings, dissemination of event information to all appropriate departments, and record event information for catering system control purposes.
6. Develops, implements, and assists with catering, sales and marketing strategies, including development of relevant action plans.
8. Assist with clerical work of the department; including customer correspondence, function sheets, event schedules, reports and special projects.
9. Performs special project and assignments as directed.
10. Interface daily with kitchen and banquet departments regarding specific client needs.
11. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
Work well under pressure sensitive to tight or short time requirements.
Speak and write clearly and convincingly, and have excellent telephone skills.
Have working knowledge of room set-ups, including audio/visual equipment.
Have working knowledge of menu pricing and custom menu design.
Work well with all kinds of people.
Plan and organize the work of others.
Physical Demands: Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity of condition exist 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, or requires sitting most of the time but enables pushing and/or pulling of arm and leg controls, or requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials through the weight of those materials.
Vocational Preparation: Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs.
Over 2 years on the job and over 2 years hospitality experience preferred, including meeting planning, and word processing.
To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: B.A. or equivalent degree and hotel experience preferred, or an equivalent level of education and experience.
WCG offers many benefits including:
• Sick Time
• Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)&
Other Supplemental Benefits
• On-Shift Employee Lunch
• 401(k) with Matching
• EAP, Hotel Discounts
*This position is eligible for a quarterly bonus
Thank you for your interest in working for Windsor Capital Group, Inc. (WCG). Our culture fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where our team members come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Applicant instructions: If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodations in completing an application form or during any phase of the interview process, please alert the hiring manager and/or the Human Resources department and every effort will be made to accommodate your needs in a reasonable way and time. EEOC Disclaimer: WCG Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. E-Verify Disclaimer: WCG Hotels participates in the E-Verify program. We would like to inform you that due to the volume of applicants we will only contact the candidates that are qualified for the position(s) applied. Internal candidates interested in applying for an internal opening, please see Human Resources for a job transfer application. All job transfers must be approved by direct department Manager and General Manager. Other restrictions apply.