SERVER at Bar Otaku
- $2.13 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Reports To: Restaurant Managers, Director of Operations
Who are we?
A Japanese Izakaya from the team behind Otaku Ramen serving sake, beer, and yakitori and Japanese soul food.
What do we expect from you?
Hard work and a good attitude!!!!
Are you interested in:
- Being part of an empowered, talented, & motivated team.
- Creating a FUN! Dining experience by delivering the highest quality food & beverage.
- Making memories by exceeding guest expectations.
- Reports to work on time and ready to work scheduled shift.
- Follows all steps of service.
- Knows descriptions and ingredients of all menu items
- Knows drinks names, ingredients, method of preparation, appropriate glassware, and garnishes.
- Knows specialty beverages i.e. single malt scotches, cognacs, specialty drinks, beer list, etc.
- Sells menu items with goal of increasing overall sales.
- Serves beverages and food in a cheerful and efficient manner.
- Ensures that service station is properly stocked.
- Completes all posted side work.
- Maintains a positive, friendly attitude with co-workers & guests.
- Provides prompt, accurate report of all income received during shift.
- Maintains a clean, orderly appearance of the restaurant service area.
- Assists/executes any and all tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Follow all proper sanitation guidelines.
- Supporting your team members
- Delivering exceptional guest service
- Exceeding guest expectations
- Serving responsibly
- Able to work flexible hours (nights, weekends).
- Responsible, dependable, punctual.
- Basic math skills.
- Clean and professional appearance.
- Familiar with and able to use POS systems.
The Otaku Group was founded in 2012 when Sarah Gavigan decided to teach herself how to make Japanese Ramen and serve it to Nashville. From a pop-up to 3 brick and mortar restaurants, Otaku is a fast growing company that values pop culture, music and food as integral parts of the experience we give our guests.
The OTAKU GROUP’s mission is to serve every guest with a fun, craveable meal.
OTAKU RAMEN is the first dedicated ramen shop in Nashville with a loyal fan base that keeps us busy year around. This location rocks out lunch and dinner seven days a week.
BAR OTAKU, our newest concept is an Izakaya focused on classic Japanese soul food, sake, beer and whiskey serving dinner and late night seven days a week.
We are looking for like minded teammates. The Otaku teams are fun, energetic, and tight knit with a commitment to high standards for every dish we serve. We thrive on systems to allow for creativity.
We are the definition of “otaku”, obsessed geeks and outliers who live to serve Japanese food and culture to our guests.