Assistant F&B Manager
- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
You will exhibit a passion for excellence, flair for personalized service and a commitment to building an amazing team that provides our guests with memorable experiences. Under the guidance of the Restaurant General Manager, the Assistant F&B Manager will lead all F&B operations of this venue. The Assistant F&B Manager will be a crucial element to the success of the operation and responsible for upholding high standards of service and true hospitality as well as consistently infusing the staff with an “above and beyond” mentality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Establish a restaurant business plan by surveying restaurant demand; conferring with people in the community; identifying and evaluating competitors; preparing financial, marketing, and sales projections, analysis, and estimates.
• Establish goals for the floor service, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the services, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
• Communicates and acts as a liason with public relations and marketing companies. Helps to program and evaluate results; identifies and tracks changing demands.
• Maintain operations by preparing policies and standard operating procedures; implement production, productivity, quality, and guest-service standards; determine and implement system improvements.
• Maintains guest satisfaction by monitoring, evaluating, and auditing food, beverage, and service offerings; initiating improvements; building relationships with all guests.
• Operate restaurant to specifications, upholding high standards, impeccable service and insures excellent communication with Hotel Management to address their feedback and requests.
• Be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality product.
• Interviews, supervises, encourage, mentor, coach, train, develop, and evaluates staff.
• Hold all team members accountable for their areas of responsibility and clearly articulated expectations.
• Maintain effective working relationship with food and beverage management, staff and all other departments.
• Manage monthly food, beverage, labor expenses to the budget, minimizing expenses and overtime.
• Oversee the ordering and inventory control of foods and beverages, supplies, and ensure that paperwork is processed for bookkeeping and payment.
• Report on management regarding sales results and productivity.
• Act as a brand ambassador for the company.
• Act as a liaison between the community and the operation.
• Continually strive for a better understanding and education of the restaurant’s offerings, be they food, liquor or other beverage.
• Well educated in beverage industry, an extensive understanding of wines, spirits and trends in the industry.
• Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
• Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Job description may be changed at any time.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of management experience in a stand alone restaurant or hotel/resort background.
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- Florida Food Handler Card.
- High school diploma.
- A general knowledge and understanding of Miami current events, cultural and culinary happenings.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Proficient in Micros, Posi-touch, Aloha and/or other POS systems.
- Knowledge of guest experience, and interdepartmental relations new hires training and continuing education of current staff on food, wine and cocktail specifications.
- GM/Assistant F&B Manager experience in stand alone restaurant, hotel or casual/fine dining restaurant.
- A passion and interest in Japanese Cuisine.
- Maitre D experience.
- Experience with inventory and ordering of restaurant goods.
- Understanding of Department of Labor standards.
- College degree.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
- Proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
- A strong guest service aptitude.
- Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Capable of analyzing business outcomes and scheduling appropriately.
- Conflict resolution sensibility, both with staff and guests.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant walking, sitting, and standing.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate to loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.