- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market
Location: Studio City, CA
The Accounting Manager will be managing our accounting team, including revenue, receivables and accounts payable. Reporting to the Controller, this position will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day corporate accounting functions including as well as general ledger, journal entries and financial statement reporting. The Accounting Manager will play an important role in supporting the company's growth by working closely with finance, development, operations, facilities and outsourced accounting provider teams to ensure accurate accounting, tracking and reporting of all revenue, expense and balance sheet items.
- Partner with outsourced accounting provider, including verification, allocation and preparation of general ledger entries to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Prepare payroll related journal entries; review journal entries for accruals, corrections, and reclassifications
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention
- Prepare / review initial calculation of monthly store-level bonuses
- Trouble-shoot issues related to restaurant-level financial schedules with Operations (General Manager, Director of Operations, and Chief Operations Officer)
- Analyze and summarize financial information
- Manage internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Work closely with development, operations and facilities to review spending and ensure proper accounting classification of capital expenditures vs repair/maintenance expense
- Evaluate contract and lease documents to ensure appropriate coding, accounting and payments
- Review and / or prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
- Work with outsourced accounting provider to ensure the accurate and timely payment of all lease payments and reporting (monthly, quarterly, and annually) on all properties, including percentage rent, and the review of all rent expense to ensure consistency with GAAP requirements. Review and approve landlord Common Area Maintenance fee reconciliations.
- Establish banking, armored and credit card accounts for new restaurants
- Perform other essential duties and various special projects as needed
- Continuously train, develop and challenge the accounting team.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required – CPA preferred
- 5+ years progressively responsible experience in accounting
- At least 2 years of experience leading a team, to include hiring, managing, and approving their work
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, including advanced proficiency in Excel
- Strong knowledge and understanding of GAAP, accrual basis accounting and financial reporting
- Driven personality and desire to grow with the company
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritizing in order to meet deadlines
- Strong team player and ability to work effectively as a team member in resolving problems
- Experience in restaurant and/or multi-unit retail company a plus
There is no “I” in Mendo
Mendocino Farms is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. Mendocino Farms will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.