Maintenance Supervisor II For Public Housing Authority
- $23.00 - $24.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Title: Maintenance Supervisor II
Reports to: Community Manager and Maintenance
The Maintenance Supervisor II under the direction of the Community Manager plans, organizes, and
supervises the daily maintenance operations for area personnel, housing structures, sites, and equipment
with a medium to larger portfolio of communities or unit count. Develops and administers maintenance
budgets for properties and maintenance facilities. Develops and implements operational procedures;
oversees maintenance program operations. Trains, supervises, and evaluates the performance of
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position duties and responsibilities listed below describe the general nature and scope of work. Other
responsibilities, duties, and skills may be required and assigned, as needed.
These essential functions
- ● Directs employees and contractors engaged in performing the following repairs: structural,
electrical, carpentry, HVAC, plumbing, and mechanical of the buildings.
● Inspects completed work, work in progress and work plans on all assigned projects according to
Federal, State and City regulations and standards. To include major constructions and ADA
● Projects annual budget for several different properties Including capital fund improvements,
modernization, and major construction and remodeling projects.
● Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies while maintaining budgetary guidelines.
● Maintains inventory control and required MSDS data. Directs employees to maintain vehicle
● Schedules, estimates and prioritizes worker/contractor hour requirements for completion of job
assignments Adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules and develops preventive
maintenance schedules for assigned properties.
● Maintains the physical make ready board and ensures proper coding of make readies in Yardi
Management software for tracking purposes.
● Utilizes Yardi Management software to track inventory, pull work order reports, and assign
● Pulls key reporting daily to ensure secure return of all keys each day.
● Confers with other supervisors to coordinate special projects of individual properties. Monitor
employees work performance, customer services skills through quality control.
● Directs workers assisting other departments as requested. This could include moving furniture,
passing out resident notices, loading and unloading equipment and supplies.
● Recommends and provides proper training changes in working conditions and use of equipment
to increase efficiency of work crew.
● Maintain time and monitors production reports daily, to ensure employee productivity meets
current work standards.
● Directs workers engaged in the general external and internal cleaning and upkeep of buildings,
including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, sanitizing, power washing, etc.
● Inspects and directs workers engaged in ground maintenance activities and curb appeal. Plus
inspects grounds for slips, trips or fall hazards, erosion and ground shifting.
● Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations. Prepares appropriate
reports according to specific incident/accidents. Responds timely to emergency situations.
● Analyzes and resolves work problems. Assists workers in solving work problems. When needed
performs activities of workers supervised.
● Initiates plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
● Assist with Safety Training for maintenance staff and ensures policies are being followed.
● Ensures all properties are prepared for any local, city, state, or federal inspections
● Ensures staff has all required certification and/or permits.
● Work closely with Manager on all property decisions.
● Implement a TEAMWORK environment.
● Assist with all community and resident retention events and/or staff meetings as needed.
● Ensure property is prepared to meet any local, city, or state inspections and meets codes and
● Ensure all make readies are turned over in a timely manner.
● Required to be available for their teams on call Technician for emergencies at properties
● Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
● High School Diploma or GED required. Experience in lieu of a degree will be accepted on an
● Five (5) years of verifiable, progressively responsible experience in the various trades, such as
carpentry, plumbing, refrigeration, appliances or electrical maintenance/repair.
● Two (2) years of experience as a senior maintenance technician or equivalent; or two (2) years of
experience in a maintenance supervisory role.
● Must have the ability to learn and use cloud applications such as Google GSuite applications to
include but not limited to: Google Chrome Browser, Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, Sheets and
Slides. Understanding document sharing and collaboration in the cloud. Experience and
proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, cloud accessible applications to include but not limited to:
One drive, Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint or MAC or PC desktop equivalent is acceptable.
● Successful completion of a criminal history background check, education and work history
verification and drug screening test.
● Associate's Degree and or advanced degree preferred.
● Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
● Yardi property management software experience.
● Experience with Google Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
● Ability to learn cloud technologies such as LucidChart for diagram , workflow and chart drawing.
Experience with Vizio or equivalent is acceptable. Basic understanding of Virtual Private Network
(VPN) access to connect to internal business systems.
License and Certifications:
● Applicant must complete training and receive Permit through the City of San Antonio for Electrical
Maintenance within the first 6 months from the date of hire. Certified Pool Operator License must
be obtained within 1st year of employment.
● Texas Class “C” driver’s license at the time of placement and be insurable by the Housing
Authority’s liability and fleet insurance carrier.
● Must have the ability to earn certifications as required by assigned tasks.
● Must obtain the Fair Housing Certificate within the first 6 months from the date of hire.
To perform this job successfully, the employee should have:
● Ability to use a computer and associated software programs to perform day to day duties and
● Physical assets, maintenance practices, problems, materials and general construction trades.
● Principles and practices of supervision and training.
● Budget process and estimating for rules for construction.
● Applicable building and safety laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures.
● Safety and Health Program, including Hazard recognition and analysis.
● Policies and procedures related to maintenance, inventory, Purchasing, and Human Resources.
● Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
● Dispute resolution skills.
● Technical aspects of building maintenance trades.
● Manage the daily operations of maintenance functions for low and moderate-income families,
elderly and disabled persons, and other eligible families.
● Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned staff.
● Plan and monitor work performance through the use of budget expenditures, work order activity
and other relevant reports.
● Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
● Meet schedules and time-lines.
● Work independently with little direction.
● Plan, organize, and direct other workers.
● Exercise sound judgment.
● Work harmoniously and respectfully with staff, residents, and the public.
● Prepare and maintain records and reports.
● Provide good customer service and maximize custome