Food Server / Hospitality
- $25.00 - $60.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food, Employee Discounts
BREW KITCHEN ALEHOUSEis looking for smiling faces with positive attitudes & professional work ethic. Become a "true craft beer" expert & brand ambassador that specializes in "polished casual" food service & artisan style hospitality.
Food Servers & Food Expediters, please apply at Brew Kitchen Alehouse (rated top 10 in Orange County for gastro-pub burger 2017) Home of Acoustic ales brewing experiment.
- Apply for Food Server, if you're looking to make great money while working (part or full time) in an artistic & independent yet professionally run food service environment. You MUST have a minimum of 3 years food service experience. (Preferably craft beer, upscale dining or artisan style gastro-pub)
- Apply for Food Expo, if you do not have "polished casual" food server experience in a craft beer restaurant but have a minimum of 1 year experience in some type of food service, we have the ability to train (qualified candidates) to become Food Servers ( Lunch & Brunch shifts).
- See us on facebook & instagram then look at our reviews on Yelp! Interviews for food servers & hospitality will be scheduled daily between 2pm to 5pm
The Brew Kitchen Alehouse features a classic, chef-driven menu paired with local, independently produced, premium craft beer & fine wine. A food server at The Brew Kitchen Alehouse is responsible for providing enjoyable & personalized service that reflects the standards of our "polished casual" dining environment . A Brew Kitchen Alehouse food server must have the capacity to carry themselves in a friendly yet efficient and expert manner. A Brew Kitchen Alehouse food server must understand and demonstrate professional & conscientious work ethic. You must be extremely proficient in multi-tasking andhave the capacity to stay focused on the guests’needs throughout their entire meal (and throughout your entire shift). You must have excellent communication and delegation skills in order to successfully maintain our brand of hospitality. You must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with other staff and management.
- Learn to become an accomplished salesperson & expert provider of "polished Casual" hospitality.
- Practice multi-tasking and communication skills. Take food and drink orders accurately and transfer info to the point of sale system.
- Maintain open, effective & efficient communication with Culinary staff as well as the FOH Management. Communicate with support staff & Bar, following professional protocol & procedures.
- Become a "True Craft Beer" expert
- Become a "true independent" Craft Beer brand ambassidor menu items, including ingredient content and preparation style.
- Become proficient verbalizing daily food specials and a list of 29 rotating beers. (also 20 wines by the glass)
- Ensure quality control in preparation and presentation of food and drink items before serving to guest.
- Follow all standard food handling, sanitation and health department guidelines.
- Present guest check and process utilizing proper policies and procedures for cash, room charge or credit card.
- Remain up-to-date on limited time offers & special events (i.e tap take-overs).
- Know all dining room floor plans and understand the seat number system.
- Strictly adhere to the rules and regulations established in the employee handbook and Alehouse policies.
- Follow proper payroll, uniform, and grooming policies and procedures.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, pre-shift meetings, other departmental and product-sensory/ sales training as scheduled.
- Recognize and address any problems resulting from guest complaints, intoxication or disruptive behavior.
- Notify management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of tables, chairs, carpet and/or equipment and any accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) year experience working as a food server, preferably (2 -3) in an upscale or (polished casual) dining environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work with management staff and other employees in a professional manner.
- Must be 21 years of age or over to dispense/serve alcoholic beverages with food.
- Must have current California Food Handler Card or willingness and ability to obtain California Food Handling Card before first day of employment.
- Ability to work a variety of schedules including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Positions; Full-time Dinner food servers, Part-time Lunch & Brunch food Servers
Salary: $25.00 to $60.00 /hour (based on current minimum wage plus average earned gratuities)
Who We Are & What We do
- We are an independently operated, "Polished Casual" Alehouse
- We specialize in small batch / hand made / scratch made, food & beverage.
- We provide a level of sophistication in our customer service that exudes professionalism with a warm and welcoming feel. The opposite of the cold-calculated, cookie-cutter-corporate feel.
- Every amenity that our customer comes in contact with is on par with almost any fine dining restaurant (minus the tablecloth).
We solicit service team members based on their ability to demonstrate integrity in their work ethic. We retain team members based on their capacity understand the importance & accept the responsibility of their individual role . We promote team members that are capable of following operational discipline & work with an emphasis on quality.