- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Eataly Los Angeles is seeking talented Hosts to join our team!
The Host graciously greets and informs guests of Eataly instructions upon arrival. Escorts them to their table, provides menus to them once seated, and informs guests of name of their assigned server. Manages special seating requests of guests consistent with table availability. Maintains an accurate, fair, and up to date waitlist. Notify guests when their table is ready. Adjusts the waitlist and patron seating flow in such a manner as to balance customers among the various service stations. Relays messages to managers, servers and bus persons as appropriate. Assists with the duties of servers and bus persons as needed to maintain service effectiveness and efficiency. Manages reservations in restaurants that take reservations.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, the Host is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Restaurants within Eataly Los Angeles:
LA PIAZZA — La Piazza is a standing enoteca in the heart of Eataly, La Piazza is modeled after a jovial Italian city square, where friends and families gather every day for wine and antipasti. Each corner serves different specialties and dishes coming directly from the surrounding counters or corners, from fresh oysters to cured meats and cheeses.
LA PIZZA & LA PASTA — La Pizza & La Pasta features two of the best-loved Italian dishes: Napoli-style pizza and al dente pasta. Enjoy our seasonal selection just steps away from our expert pasta chefs and dough-slinging pizzaioli (pizza makers).
Il PESCE — Il Pesce features fresh seafood that we responsibly source and sell around the corner at our seafood counter. Every day, we offer a fresh selection of oysters, in addition to the catch of the day served crudo, pan-seared, roasted, and more.
TERRA — Terra features cuisine inspired by earth and fire. The dining room centers around a wood-burning Italian grill. Pair the playful and plentiful grilled dishes with herb-infused cocktails, rare wines, and barrel-aged beers.
Typical Day as an Eatalian Host:
1. Graciously greets guests upon their arrival. May have to inform guests how Eataly works.
2. Escorts guest to their seats, provides menus to guests, and informs them of the name of their server.
3. Maintains an accurate, fair, and up to date waitlist and seating chart. Informs guests when their table is ready.
4. Oversees the general functioning of the dining room during the meal service period, relaying information to managers and service personnel, requesting feedback from guests as to their satisfaction, making adjustments when and where necessary.
5. Takes and manages reservations in restaurants that allow reservations.
6. Assists with the duties of servers and bus persons, such as securing a food or beverage item for a patron, resetting a table for reuse, etc., as the customer traffic flow allows, ensuring the maintenance of foodservice effectiveness and efficiency.
7. Balance the customer flow among the service stations, taking into account requests for a particular table or server, depending on availability.
8. Use a computerized seating chart application and may use an I-Pad version of the seating chart.
9. Adheres to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
At Eataly, we are looking to help people have a better life through food and through learning about culture -- we need people who can collaborate and create harmony in our restaurant. We believe the secret to a great work environment is the philosophy of all for one and one for all. This helps us to create a unique and energetic environment that our employees and guests can both enjoy.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, everyone is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for every guest that comes to Eataly. Every employee at Eataly is an ambassador, and is expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer. We live by the idea that our employees Eat, Learn and Grow with Eataly -- with us, there are endless possibilities for learning new things and growing professionally.