- $14.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The role of a Food Runner is to be of assistance to the wait-staff and to deliver food to the tables. Since they are the last ones to look at the dish before presenting to a customer, it is very important they are knowledgeable of every ingredient in the dish, including garnishes, and know the way the food is to be presented.
Food runners are also required to perform some secondary service tasks such as refilling waters, cleaning and bussing tables and taking orders. Efficient and detail-oriented work from food runners is essential as well as delivering courteous customer service, as they are in direct contact with guests. Here are some primary responsibilities:
- Cleanliness: Keep your work area clean and set up red sanitation buckets.
- Equipment Stock: Assist expo in pre-filling condiments and stocking other items as needed (To-Go boxes, bags, pizza boxes, etc.).
- Organizing Tickets: Assist expo in keeping the tickets for orders organized.
- Plate Finishing: “Finish” plates with proper condiments and garnishes. Check each plate thoroughly against the ticket to make sure it has been prepared to order before taking it out to the table.