- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!, Health Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
About the Role:
At the center of our brands, Kabuki Japanese Restaurant, is our original concept and the heartbeat of Kaizen Dining. The Culinary Director is responsible for bringing together all the pieces of the puzzle creating sushi for all mankind. The Culinary Director will work closely with all departments; marketing, operations, and leadership to successfully achieve the objectives of the role.
- Oversees the culinary development process from ideation to launch, included but not limited to ingredient recipe development, sourcing, analysis, costing, scaling (large-batch), presentation, and marketing.
- Develops new product concept, recipes, and enriches our existing recipes based on market trends and customer insight.
- Coordinates product launches with all leadership teams.
- Implements and participates in training of operations trainers, culinary teams, and production staff.
- Participates in all aspects of our brand as it pertains to food and beverage so as to escalate the guest experience and company profitability.
What you bring to the table:
You are innovative and dynamic about the long term, but very much aware of the individual steps that will guide us towards making that vision come to life!
You have a passion for cooking! Research and development (you have a particular affinity for Asian/Japanese cuisine), and you showcase your skills via your dishes and the team behind you!
Kaizen Dining Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, [Company Name] complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Kaizen Dining Group expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kaizen Dining Group’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
We are a team of restaurant R&D professionals who truly love food, from all cultures. We have a particular interest for Asian cuisine but our interests span across various culinary types. From sushi to contemporary California cuisine, we're on a mission to create the best-in-class. How do we do this? Collaborating with the best and insanely talented chefs in the industry. They may be on TV or slicing cucumbers in the back of a kitchen, but if they have the talent and passion, we’ll work with them.