PM Restaurant Server
- $13.25 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Before applying, please take our assesment test:
Responsible for greeting guests, providing excellent guest service upon guest entering food and beverage outlet. The Server normally works a regular food and beverage shift but may be asked and assigned another shift due to work needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes food and beverage order accurately.
- Enters food and beverage order in the POS system.
- Delivers food and beverage orders in a friendly and professional manner in accordance with hotel standards.
- Answers all questions regarding the menus accurately.
- Utilizes selling techniques to up sell.
- Handles financial transactions accurately and in accordance with established procedures.
- Properly and accurately close guest checks.
- Acknowledge guest need, anticipate guest needs and always respond promptly to maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Process guest payment by posting on POS system, verifies if guest is in house or walk in patron.
- Informs manager of any guest complaints, requests or problems.
- Maintain organized and clean work area.
- Communicate with in coming/ prior shift as to outstanding tables.
- Reports any damages, discrepancies and or malfunction of equipment to manager.
- Follows all safety and sanitation procedures that pertain to the job.
- Clean and polish silverware, glass ware, sugar receptacle, trays, coffee pots, tea pots.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Must be able to effectively communicate.
- Must be able to follow directions with focus to detail.
- Must be a team player with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to have a flexible schedule, work weekends and holidays.
- Must have knowledge of wines, cocktails.
- Must be able to manicure tables.
- Must be able to set up tables, buffet and food stations.
- Must be able to sustain composure, remain calm, and possess a positive attitude.
- Must be energetic and outgoing.
- Must be service oriented with excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to follow directions with focus to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of arithmetic.
- Must have the ability to input data in the POS system.
- Must have previous experience with POS system.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be able to exercise confidentiality and discretion.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work well under time constraints and remain calm.
Education: High School diploma or GED required; hospitality degree preferred must be Serve Safe certified, must be Tips Certified.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of hospitality or customer service in a fine dining restaurant preferred.