- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Ask Us!, Dental Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Vision Insurance, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Likely to Respond
JOB OVERVIEW: Perform general maintenance work to ensure hotel maintenance quality standards are achieved and maintained.
REPORTS TO: Facilities Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
- Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., "room care").
- Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
- Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
- Maintain the building exterior and "curb appeal" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
- Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
- Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
- Exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Operation of heavy machinery.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
-To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
-The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required.
-Must have at least 2 years of experience in the hotel industry.
-WILL AQUIRE CRIMINALBACKGROUND CHECK AND E-VERIFY
At A Glance........
Situated in the heart of the San Gabriel Mountains, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Monrovia – Pasadena Area hotel is centrally located off the 210 Highway, providing easy access to Burbank, Ontario and Los Angeles International Airports. Dine at nearby Huntington Crossing’s Restaurant Row, shop the quaint stores of Old Town Pasadena, or take a short drive to the Rose Bowl or Santa Anita Park Racetrack.
From the moment you arrive, you’ll notice this Monrovia, California hotel’s modern design. Select from Euro-styled suites, and king and double rooms featuring modern amenities that include 32-inch HDTVs, complimentary internet access and a mobile work desk. Our Pasadena hotel is only minutes from Old Town Monrovia and Paseo Colorado.
Work out using the latest cardio and weight training equipment in our complimentary 24-hour fitness center. Relax in a cabana near the outdoor fountain-feature pool or heated whirlpool spa. Elements Restaurant provides a contemporary flare to American cuisine. In-room and poolside dining is also available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Boutique hotel near Pasadena, Los Angeles, Ontario, Burbank, Arcadia, Duarte and Irwindale
- Poolside cabanas
- Complimentary shuttle service to businesses and attractions within 7 miles
- Complimentary WiFi access
- 9,000 sq. ft. of meeting space accommodating meetings, weddings and special even
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
DoubleTree by Hilton understands that doing the little things well means everything. It all starts with a warm chocolate chip cookie welcome. And yet, the experience is far from cookie-cutter. The hotels are interesting, unique properties in great locations and serve as the antidote to impersonal vacations, meetings and events. Our guests stay with us because they know they’ll enjoy an experience they truly value at a competitive price. At DoubleTree by Hilton Monrovia-Pasadena, we provide the simple acts of care and thoughtfulness that make the traveler feel human again. Our hotels mark the end of travels challenges and the beginning of a restful stay. If you appreciate the little things and enjoy creating exceptional experiences, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with the DoubleTree by Hilton Monrovia-Pasadena.