CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECH/CST
- Depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Hunt Regional Healthcare in Greenville TX is looking for CST's to work in a busy Labor and Delivery hospital setting.
The Surgical Technician assists surgeons and other surgical staff under the supervision of a surgeon or registered nurse in the operating room. They may help set up the operating room, prepare patients for surgery or adjust equipment as needed.
- Required Licenses/Certifications
- If not Grandfathered in as a non-certified tech, must hold and maintain Surgical Technologist certification. High School or GED.
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Obstetrics operating rooms, supplies, equipment, unit protocols, policies, and procedures. Must be able to react quickly and efficiently in emergency situations. Must be able to communicate effectively with physicians, staff, and patients. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipate the needs of the surgeon. H/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Preferred Qualification
- New Grad's welcome. 2+ years preferred